Billy D looking to troll Foley again for more money?

after last season, he should give some of his salary back

You obviously have no inkling what goes into a good coaching job. That group wasn't worthy of 10 wins. They probably had 4-5 wins attributed only to moves he made. I'm not a huge Donovan supporter, but it was all that could be done with that squad.

You obviously have no inkling what goes into a good coaching job. That group wasn't worthy of 10 wins. They probably had 4-5 wins attributed only to moves he made. I'm not a huge Donovan supporter, but it was all that could be done with that squad.

A poor squad filled with 5 star players he recruited and transfers he accepted.

Reactions: 5 people
He gets a lifetime pass from me forever.

He's coach for life if he wants it as far as I am concerned

It would hit UF hard if he goes elsewhere. I'm sure they can attract a good coach, but they would be getting a late start at it.

He may end up with the Bulls -- I dont see him trying to fix a loser like NY or LAL

he asked for a raise when he was winning, he should give some back when he doesn't.....the real world works that way, sales people work that way

Nothing wrong with laying the responsibility for such a bad season at the feet of Billy D. He's ultimately responsible. Sometimes the kids you recruit turn out to be flops.

Reactions: 1 person
he asked for a raise when he was winning, he should give some back when he doesn't.....the real world works that way, sales people work that way

I can't speak for sales people because I've never been in sales, but I've never seen anyone "give back" a raise.

They may get fired or you may not get a raise the next year but giving back some?

Reactions: 2 people
commissions , bonuses and incentives are all paid for performance....Fat salaries are paid even when you don't deserve them

commissions , bonuses and incentives are all paid for performance....Fat salaries are paid even when you don't deserve them

He got a raise on his salary, that you just said he needs to "give some back". Which goes along with what I just said, nobody gives back raises.

Yup. Hope he stays but if it's time for the next challenge, it's time.

Agreed...not much more Donovan can accomplish at UF.

He built a program from nothing into a national player, and a legit conference rival with powerhouse UK.

He's earned the right to do whatever he wants, wherever he wants.

And :eek:lol: @ Otis...

Reactions: 2 people

The real world does not work this way. You get a raise in salary for previous performance. You get a bonus for beating expectations.

The real world does not work this way. You get a raise in salary for previous performance. You get a bonus for beating expectations.

Pretty much.

Of course when I pointed out no one ever gives back a raise, he changed to bonuses, commissions, etc., which isn't the same thing as a raise. You either get those or you don't, and the next year you either get a raise, or you don't.

I repeat, I've never heard of anyone giving money back from a raise.

VN Store

Back