Geno is the best coach ever(not trolling) [in women's BB]

GetEmVols

None of this really matters because Pat will always be the founder of women's basketball.

I always argued with people saying Pat was better just because she made the game what it is. Geno has been coaching 11 years less than Pat Summit. He started in 85 and she started in 74. He has more championships in less time. He is even doing it with more parity than Pat.

I hate Geno as much as the next guy. He probably cheats to get his players, but he is the best all time coaches in the women's game.

Reactions: 5 people
None of this really matters because Pat will always be the founder of women's basketball.

I always argued with people saying Pat was better just because she made the game what it is. Geno has been coaching 11 years less than Pat Summit. He started in 85 and she started in 74. He has more championships in less time. He is even doing it with more parity than Pat.

I hate Geno as much as the next guy. He probably cheats to get his players, but he is the best all time coaches in the women's game.

If none of this matters, then why post it on a Volnation board? Why not post it on UConn"s board? Troll.

Reactions: 4 people
Geno > Pat and while we are at it, Brady > Manning. That is the truth, as much as I don't want it to be, it is.

Reactions: 1 person

Regardless of whether you're right or wrong, you should lose you Vol fan card and be banned from Volnation for life for saying it and definitely for posting it.

Last edited:

Go to the uconned me site to discuss aurienema . :stinker2: :stop:

Reactions: 3 people
I am assuming Geno wins the title this year though. I think most would agree, he has it in the bag.

Geno > Pat and while we are at it, Brady > Manning. That is the truth, as much as I don't want it to be, it is.

Pat > Geno
Manning > Brady
Fulmer > Saban
Bruce > Calipari
King > Durant
Lofton > Curry
Neyland > God

And Rod Wilkes would've been better than Jordan if he played basketball.

Homers unite! :rock: :rock:

Reactions: 3 people
I agree Geno is the best women's coach ever. 10 NC says it all. Pat was a pacesetter for women's athletics but he is the greatest coach. It became obvious when she stopped playing him and she knew what was coming with UCONN.

Pat > Geno
Manning > Brady
Fulmer > Saban
Bruce > Calipari
King > Durant
Lofton > Curry
Neyland > God

And Rod Wilkes would've been better than Jordan if he played basketball.

Homers unite! :rock: :rock:

The two bolded are factual statements. (Especially if Durant stays injured so often)

People act like Bernard King wasn't one of the 20 or so greatest NBA players ever

The two bolded are factual statements. (Especially if Durant stays injured so often)

People act like Bernard King wasn't one of the 20 or so greatest NBA players ever

Um, he's not. Try finding a list with him in even the top 50.

Um, he's not. Try finding a list with him in even the top 50.

Could it have been the major knee surgery at the peak of his career that cut his career short? He was a dominant player, once leading the league in scoring at nearly 33ppg.

Also, perhaps you're looking at the wrong lists.... he ranks #24 alltime in average points per game, right above Charles Barkley, Julius Erving and Hakeem Olajuwon. I don't know if Bernard was a top 20 player all-time, but he sure as hell should easily make any top 50 list.

Could it have been the major knee surgery at the peak of his career that cut his career short? He was a dominant player, once leading the league in scoring at nearly 33ppg.

Also, perhaps you're looking at the wrong lists.... he ranks #24 alltime in average points per game, right above Charles Barkley, Julius Erving and Hakeem Olajuwon. I don't know if Bernard was a top 20 player all-time, but he sure as hell should easily make any top 50 list.

Fair enough. I'd give him top 50, but I looked and couldn't find a non-Tennessee source that ranked him in the top 50 all-time. Let alone top 20.

Pat was there first. She molded WBB into what it is. Without Pat, womans BB would not be the same. Some records just can't be accounted for. Not trying to take anything away from Geno - but Pat was the first to win an Olympic gold and paved the way for the rest.

The best players were lining up to play for Pat and Geno. Now there's only Geno. Geno is the best ever accumulator of talent. It doesn't hurt that he has ESPN in his neighborhood.

Pat was facing more parity in her prime. There were half a dozen SEC teams that were the best in the country. Plus, as Pat was emerging, USCw was at their peak (Miller and those twins), Texas was the best they've ever been, Old Dominion and La Tech were major powers. Geno has first choice of all players. But recruiting is part of coaching... so he's pretty kick ass.

VN Store

Back