Another Bammer in the slammer

Saban never should have taken Taylor to begin with. I'm all for second chances, but hitting a woman is BS. Taylor needs some jail time.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what got him kicked out of Georgia and now he did it again at Alabama. Saban received a lot of backlash for accepting him on the team and that will surely grow now. The victim actually has grounds to sue the school since they let Ledbetter in with prior criminal charges. This will be interesting to monitor and to see if anything happens to Saban because of it. Eventually, a team is going to face civil charges because of repeated allowance of criminals to come play football.

The girl had bruising on her neck...if anyone was curious about what happened to her.

This won't effect Saban at all. The kid will be permanently dismissed, as he should, and things will continue as normal. If the school has to pony up a settlement because of it they will and move on. Unfortunately, Saban is the best coach in football right now, and I'm pretty sure the university will deal with whatever consequence they may face because of it. I hate Bama too, but this type of situation happens at universities all across the country. I believe our Vols have given players 2nd chances also, and sometimes that didn't work out so well either. Prayers to the victim, and good riddance to the offender. Nothing here to see.

Reactions: 3 people
Who? There's no Ledbetter on Alabama's roster. Jonathan Ledbetter was a former Bama commit but he signed w/ Georgia, where he's an early enrollee going through spring practice.

It's John Taylor, not Ledbetter. Dude is 350 lbs and is accused of choking a woman now twice in less than a year. Saban should get roasted for this. He didn't vet the young man at all, didn't call the prosecution, didn't even call Richt on the kid. Took flack when he brought him on campus and rightfully so. This wasn't this guy's SECOND chance, he was in on UGA's check scandal as well before his DV occurrence. Saban kicked and snorted when he was questioned about taking him on the team. Expect a hissy fit on his next presser.

To add to Bama's woes, Geno Smith was arrested for his 2nd DUI in the last two years as well. Anyone want to gauge the tension in the next Q&A?

Reactions: 2 people
Well judging from the Coleman Thomas thread and our constant refrain in the AJ thread, we all think this guy is innocent until he's actually convicted, right?

Well judging from the Coleman Thomas thread and our constant refrain in the AJ thread, we all think this guy is innocent until he's actually convicted, right?

Little different situation. Do agree everyone is innocent until proven guilty but this guy has a history of arrests and beating on women. Wouldn't really include Thomas into this guy and AJ/Williams cases. Not saying AJ was innocent because honestly it is sounding most likely that he is guilty. But in AJ's case he didn't have a history of domestic violence or a series of arrests like the guy at Ala has had. It makes it easier to believe an athlete is innocent if there had been no prior history. But if a guy has a prior history of DV then it makes it a lot harder to believe he is innocent. Especially with a high % of domestic violence accusers tend to do it again.

Now that he's been kicked off the team, Nick needs to own this. He gave the media a lecture about "second chances" last year, asking "would you rather these guys be on the street?" Well, Taylor wasn't on the street, he was in a Tuscaloosa apartment. And he was only there because Saban chose to give a guy who choked and punched a woman a second chance.

It's all well and good to give a guy like DJ Pettway a second chance when it comes to light that his involvement in a crime wasn't what was first reported. But Taylor hasn't been cleared of anything.

The next time Saban speaks to the media, the words "I made a mistake" need to come out of his mouth.

Now that he's been kicked off the team, Nick needs to own this. He gave the media a lecture about "second chances" last year, asking "would you rather these guys be on the street?" Well, Taylor wasn't on the street, he was in a Tuscaloosa apartment. And he was only there because Saban chose to give a guy who choked and punched a woman a second chance.

It's all well and good to give a guy like DJ Pettway a second chance when it comes to light that his involvement in a crime wasn't what was first reported. But Taylor hasn't been cleared of anything.

The next time Saban speaks to the media, the words "I made a mistake" need to come out of his mouth.

Would bet you never hear those words out of Saban's mouth. Just think in this case that the likelihood of anything good coming from allowing him on the team was very small. The risk would have never been worth the reward. Like someone said it wasn't like Saban was hurting and desperately needed him. Definitely a decision he will end up regretting.

Who? There's no Ledbetter on Alabama's roster. Jonathan Ledbetter was a former Bama commit but he signed w/ Georgia, where he's an early enrollee going through spring practice.

There's always a Ledbetter at bama, none will ever be better than Marcell IMO.

This is what got him kicked out of Georgia and now he did it again at Alabama. Saban received a lot of backlash for accepting him on the team and that will surely grow now. The victim actually has grounds to sue the school since they let Ledbetter in with prior criminal charges. This will be interesting to monitor and to see if anything happens to Saban because of it. Eventually, a team is going to face civil charges because of repeated allowance of criminals to come play football.

The girl had bruising on her neck...if anyone was curious about what happened to her.

Makes you wonder why she's dating the guy.

This won't effect Saban at all. The kid will be permanently dismissed, as he should, and things will continue as normal. If the school has to pony up a settlement because of it they will and move on. Unfortunately, Saban is the best coach in football right now, and I'm pretty sure the university will deal with whatever consequence they may face because of it. I hate Bama too, but this type of situation happens at universities all across the country. I believe our Vols have given players 2nd chances also, and sometimes that didn't work out so well either. Prayers to the victim, and good riddance to the offender. Nothing here to see.

Saban best coach in football? Seems to me that Meyer owned that Saban ass last January.

VN Store

Back