Ala DB arrested

jasonvol18

Krav Maga Blackbelt
Can't link it right now from my phone but Geno Smith was arrested for his 2nd DUI since being at Ala.

Without him that secondary isn't that impressive.

Agreed..they have already lost Landon Collins and that secondary wasn't that good last yr anyway. One of the worst Saban secondary's I ever recall seeing..

Nick Perry also gone from last yr. Def not an impressive secondary. However, the front 7 they will have this yr is nasty.

Nick Perry also gone from last yr. Def not an impressive secondary. However, the front 7 they will have this yr is nasty.

Yeah, but you have to have a top secondary to be an effective 3-4 team. Because your lbs are so big they won't give you much help in the passing game.

True..Another thing hurting their secondary besides all the big plays they gave up and losing some guys was that as great as their run stopping is they haven't had a true rusher that can wreak havoc on the QB. This was just from listening to commentators on some of their games but they have struggled getting to the QB and that can definitely affect the secondary too. But as far as run defense they are as tough as they come. Definitely gotta beat them in the pass game if you wanna score points. They also lost the majority of their offense too. Would love to see them have a 3+ loss season and not play for the SEC nor get to the playoffs. Atleast right now I don't see either of those things happening in Tuscalooser this yr. Think AU gets the West and SEC this yr. Since moving to Ala in the late 90's I have developed a next level type hate for Ala and recently AU fans have been hard to deal with too. Prefer neither do well but AU is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Reactions: 1 person
How did he even still have a DL ?

Saban has a lot of pull in Tuscalooser..I'm sure where normal guys like us would have lost our license, paid a ton of money in fines and whatever else they make you do but they probably made a donation to make it all go away. Tuscaloosa cops aren't like Knoxville's, they make a lot of things just go away. Where as Knox cops don't seem as willing to look the other way.

It isn't impressive with him.

But what is it about his 1 total career start and 0 turnovers forced that lead to your post?

He was very highly rated coming out of high school.i believe most sites had him as the #1 or 2 corner in the nation.

He was very highly rated coming out of high school.i believe most sites had him as the #1 or 2 corner in the nation.

And he got bumped to safety after a year.

He has been a massive disappointment (even before his vehicular idiocy). That disappointment seems to be a trend in our secondary.

Saban said 2nd chances -- if this clown stays it will be 3rd chance

Last edited:
Police Chief and others in the dept have a NC rings, you figure it out from there.

Exactly..If things like this get out to the public then I guarantee the cop wasn't a Bammer and it leaked before they could make it disappear. Definitely a different police dept in Tusc than what Butch has to deal with in Knoxville. Just imagine the things that get made public.

He'll be back by the time the season starts. Saban can't afford to lose him. If Alabama DUI laws and penalties are anything like Tennessee's, Smith will do 45 days in jail and lose his license for two years. Upon his release Saban will be there at the jail welcoming him back with open arms.

Last edited:
Exactly..If things like this get out to the public then I guarantee the cop wasn't a Bammer and it leaked before they could make it disappear. Definitely a different police dept in Tusc than what Butch has to deal with in Knoxville. Just imagine the things that get made public.

Its the state of Alabama you know -- there are probably a few or more Barney Fifes in law enforcement down there.

VN Store

Back