The Meltdown that is happening on the VN Basketball Forum

McCat

Rent free in your head
Just kidding. :)

But seriously, ya'll can do better than Donnie, anyway.

Do the work and go get Pearl back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It was a joke- I was pretty clear about that. I just thought that they could have done better in the first place.

Can you guys go to the thread and make outlandish suggestions? It would fit right in with what I'm seeing right now.

No offense on the booger head McCat, after my Facebook messages this morning, all ky fans are booger heads.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense on the booger head McCat, after my Facebook messages this morning, all ky fans are booger heads.

Level of Boogerhead-osity depends on your perspective. I honestly am happy for you guys. You have a fascinating choice to make from a sociological standpoint.

If you guys hire Pearl back, no Vol can ever criticize Cal again from an "integrity" standpoint.

But let's be clear: Pearl is THE man for you guys. He's the best coach who wants to be with you, Backyard BBQs be d**ned.

Reactions: 5 people
Level of Boogerhead-osity depends on your perspective. I honestly am happy for you guys. You have a fascinating choice to make from a sociological standpoint.

If you guys hire Pearl back, no Vol can ever criticize Cal again from an "integrity" standpoint.

But let's be clear: Pearl is THE man for you guys. He's the best coach who wants to be with you, Backyard BBQs be d**ned.
I agree with you

I would have to admit that some ridicule is justified here. Tenn bball is about to make their 8th coaching hire since 1989. Bruce Pearl wasn't only the most successful but also the longest tenured (AND EVEN THAT'S JUST 6 SEASONS). The ineptitude of this program has now reached epic proportions.

I was going to make a joke/comment about Vol-on-Vol crime until I saw the OP. Now I just hope that OP gets barbed wire shoved in his pee hole.

Reactions: 4 people
When I saw posters tossing around the idea of UT bringing Pearl back, my initial reaction was to smile at the idea of Auburn fans melting down in a glorious way.

But, the fact is they'd just go back to not giving a crap about basketball the way they always have. Kinda takes the joy out of it for me.

When I saw posters tossing around the idea of UT bringing Pearl back, my initial reaction was to smile at the idea of Auburn fans melting down in a glorious way.

But, the fact is they'd just go back to not giving a crap about basketball the way they always have. Kinda takes the joy out of it for me.

I agree with a bammer, I'm gonna puke!

What do you think of the pending bidding war between Bama and UT? Marshall's agent is looking at new boats on the internet right now.

What do you think of the pending bidding war between Bama and UT? Marshall's agent is looking at new boats on the internet right now.

While I believe that, in general, UT has a superior basketball program to Alabama, that's not the case at the present moment. UT's program is a dumpster fire. Bama offers a stability that will take UT a few years to match.

But, in all likelihood, this is going to come down to money. And if Bama is truly dedicated to bringing in Marshall, then UT won't be able to compete.

UT has the potential to be a good program. They need to hire a mid-major coach that get some consistency. Then have the ability to hire a bigger name when/if the next time to hire comes. Not an issue with not getting a big name, and I think a lot of the panic is because UT is gonna have to deal with someone without much proven history at major schools. But it can work out.

UT has the potential to be a good program. They need to hire a mid-major coach that get some consistency. Then have the ability to hire a bigger name when/if the next time to hire comes. Not an issue with not getting a big name, and I think a lot of the panic is because UT is gonna have to deal with someone without much proven history at major schools. But it can work out.

The frustrating thing to most Tenn fans is that they already did this in 2005. The basic sentiment now is that we should have just waited out the storm with Bruce in 2011.

Gotta be trolling here. You can't honestly think Pearl is the right choice. I get why UT fans say it, but not an outside party.

Last edited:
Gotta be trolling here. You can't honestly think Pearl is the right choice. I get why UT fans say it, but not an outside party.

Brian is serious while poking fun at your expense at the same time.

In all seriousness, considering the state of your program and the lack of interest from high level coaches, who do you think would be better?

-immediate exposure from the media about the "reunion"
-immediate boost in recruiting
-a proven winner
-a guy who has cried tears over your university

What mid major coach do you think you will grab that can bring you that level of success that quickly?

In all seriousness, considering the state of your program and the lack of interest from high level coaches, who do you think would be better?

-a proven winner

What mid major coach do you think you will grab that can bring you that level of success that quickly?

As long as the current admin is at UT, Pearl will never be hired back. He lied to them multiple times about multiple things. He will not be brought back while they are in power. End of story.

As long as the current admin is at UT, Pearl will never be hired back. He lied to them multiple times about multiple things. He will not be brought back while they are in power. End of story.

That just makes the admin's signing off on the Tyndall hire all the more confusing. He had a well known red flag with the NCAA from his time at Morehead St. The University of Tennessee trips over itself all the time with it's own inconsistencies.

Get outta my d**n head, HF. But yeah. There's a hot girl fawning over you, but you won't bring her home to momma because she wasn't quite truthful a few years back?

I say, bygones be bygones, call him a changed man, etc. Hell, even Louisville took Petrino back.

-a proven winner

VN Store

Back