Memphis not in the NIT

Interesting. But I guess the NIT selection committee pays attention. I believe Memphis was 1-12 against the RPI top 50.

ROFL. Solid!

Penny Hardaway hung out there a few times :)

I know Johnny Jones was stepped in after one dude got in trouble for messing around with a student I think.

Yep. Johnny Jones was interim after Tic Price got fired.

talk about lousy coaching
That dude has pretty talent and he cant even win at a mediocre level, no wonder he didnt want to play UT

Reactions: 1 person
It's amazing that Memphis can't see what Pastner is doing (has done, really) to that program. We should definitely be able to sign more Memphis kids going forward. He's a train wreck.

It's amazing that Memphis can't see what Pastner is doing (has done, really) to that program. We should definitely be able to sign more Memphis kids going forward. He's a train wreck.

My dad keeps saying that they should give Pastner one more year. I am like why? He is horrible. I don't think too many fans like him...but I digress.

Anybody know what Pastner's contract looks like? When does it end? It looks like he would be fired by now, but maybe the buyout is just way too much. He has had so much talent since he's been HC and never done crap with it. I'm amazed he's still able to bring in top classes, especially after this year.

It's always been about giving Pastner another year. He's had time "to grow and prove himself". He's soft, players don't respect him, and honestly doesn't seem to know the game of basketball that well. He doesn't have a set half court offense, when his teams fail to score in transition. He also can't draw up plays either.

He's a slouch. He took a respectable program and turned it into a mediocre AAC program.

Reactions: 3 people
It's always been about giving Pastner another year. He's had time "to grow and prove himself". He's soft, players don't respect him, and honestly doesn't seem to know the game of basketball that well. He doesn't have a set half court offense, when his teams fail to score in transition. He also can't draw up plays either.

He's a slouch. He took a respectable program and turned it into a mediocre AAC program.

He's turned Memphis State into a joke, and I don't like the punch line.

I've been totally fine with the lack of Memphis posters this season. I have a feeling that's related to this.

VN Store

Back