Bama Fires their Coach

If you remember how he coached and played his style at VCU....for some reason he didn't do it at Bama....hmmmmm....Bama is a football school and that's all they will be

Not a surprise. A home run hire that turned out to be a groundout.

Par for the course in the SEC. That's why I hope we hold on to Tyndall. Seems like the odds are stacked against SEC teams hiring good mid-major coaches. We got lucky and got a good one.

UAB made the NCAA T -- maybe the Bears boy will make them drop basketball next

After La Tech, the C-USA regular season champs, lost to UAB in the tourney, they chanted "we still have football" at the UAB players as they were trying to close it out at the FT line.

That post was mostly tongue in cheek, but Billy's a New York guy who always dreamed of playing and coaching in th NBA.

Gotcha. I remember he coached the Magic for about 7 minutes. I'm a Knicks fan and think Billy's a solid coach but it would be career suicide to go there. Dumb owner and an incompetent GM

Reactions: 1 person
Gotcha. I remember he coached the Magic for about 7 minutes. I'm a Knicks fan and think Billy's a solid coach but it would be career suicide to go there. Dumb owner and an incompetent GM

Better off in Brooklyn

Finebaum said Marshall is at the top of Bama's list and they're prepared to pay big money on this hire.

If this happens I'll tip my hat to the Bama athletic department. They've grasped the concept of ROI and spend money to make money.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back