The SEC Tournament Thread

appyvol

Starts tomorrow. Should be an exciting tourney. My bold prediction is the winner of UT/Vandy beats Arkansas. UGA vs. UK in the final.

I think for Kentucky fans this is a weird/uncommon tournament. Mostly, UK fans want to take over and dominate the city and the tournament. But with the current history in progress, I'm torn.

In one way, I care a lot about it because I want the streak to continue. But on the other hand, part of me doesn't give a **** about the SEC tourney, because of the big dance.

I think for Kentucky fans this is a weird/uncommon tournament. Mostly, UK fans want to take over and dominate the city and the tournament. But with the current history in progress, I'm torn.

In one way, I care a lot about it because I want the streak to continue. But on the other hand, part of me doesn't give a **** about the SEC tourney, because of the big dance.

If you don't win it all then of course the season is a failure and if you're gonna lose one you'd rather it not be one that ends your season. But I'd rather be 40-0 and champs than 39-1 and champs. It's an opportunity to leave no debate as to who the best team of all-time would be.

Can't live in KY and not absolutely despise everything about UK and hope this doesn't happen but the sports fan in me is also intrigued by the possibility of seeing this for the first time in my life.

The next few weeks are going to be torture

If you don't win it all then of course the season is a failure and if you're gonna lose one you'd rather it not be one that ends your season. But I'd rather be 40-0 and champs than 39-1 and champs. It's an opportunity to leave no debate as to who the best team of all-time would be.

Can't live in KY and not absolutely despise everything about UK and hope this doesn't happen but the sports fan in me is also intrigued by the possibility of seeing this for the first time in my life.

I don't care if we win the title with 30 wins (like it would have been last year) or win it with 40. We're at the point now, where it's either going to be considered the greatest season ever, or the greatest team to never win it. I don't think it's quite a failure, because the postseason is so much more intense and hyped for everyone. We just need to stay calm and do our thing, If we had lost a couple games during the regular season, it wouldn't have that issue, but I guess it's a nice problem to have.

I honestly just wish we'd beat the crap out of vandy.

I don't get this logic at all. Any national championship or a 30+ win season is not a failure.

A team that has 9-10 potential NBA guys on it and is the 2nd tallest team in the NBA and doesn't win it all is a failure. If you sit around after an Elite 8 loss and say it was a great season, you'd be the only one in the Commonwealth thinking that.

A team that has 9-10 potential NBA guys on it and is the 2nd tallest team in the NBA and doesn't win it all is a failure. If you sit around after an Elite 8 loss and say it was a great season, you'd be the only one in the Commonwealth thinking that.

That's opinion, not fact. If you remove the word "failure" and replace it with "disappointment" I'll get on board with you. In a one and done tourney, with plenty of other teams who have NBA talent on rosters, you can lose.

There are a lot of blue goggled morons who would agree with you, but that doesn't make it fact either. These are student athletes, 19 - 20 year olds, going to class the day after getting back from Starkville at midnight the night before. Trying their best to make history.

They have already succeeded far more than either of us will. Who are any of us to call that season a failure if they lose?

I'll take a stab at a prediction. Team that makes a surprisingly deep run: Vandy. (Sorry.)

I think you guys steal this one from Vandy. You've had extra rest. You will no doubt be extra motivated because you have a shot at the NIT with the win. I think Vandy will turn the ball over a lot and Stallings will threaten to kill another one of his players.

Reactions: 1 person
That's opinion, not fact. If you remove the word "failure" and replace it with "disappointment" I'll get on board with you. In a one and done tourney, with plenty of other teams who have NBA talent on rosters, you can lose.

There are a lot of blue goggled morons who would agree with you, but that doesn't make it fact either. These are student athletes, 19 - 20 year olds, going to class the day after getting back from Starkville at midnight the night before. Trying their best to make history.

They have already succeeded far more than either of us will. Who are any of us to call that season a failure if they lose?

I'll be disappointed if we don't win it all. I'll be sad because of the missed opportunity for these kids. The is the most likeable group since 96. I just wish they'd quit ruining college basketball.

Kentucky basketball's Marcus Lee has been doing good deeds in secret

VN Store

Back