OVC title game

govols120

15-0
Anyone just watch that? Belmont beats Murray State 88-87. Game-winning fadeaway three (!!) with three seconds to go. Rick Byrd is a magician. Also ended Murray State's 25-game win streak.

And a spot in the tourney. But hey, Byrd not ready for prime time, right VN?

Damn, what a shot.

That's Taylor Barnette too, which is awesome to see. I knew him when he was at LCA in Lexington. Talented player, got to go against him a few times. Transferred to Belmont from Virginia. So happy he's found a good place there.

no chance they get an at large bid.

Didn't say they would. I said they're deserving of one. This is the problem with the tournament. Teams from the larger conferences are too heavily weighted. I'd rather see a team like Murray riding a 25-1 streak going in, over IU riding a 2-9 streak.

Didn't say they would. I said they're deserving of one. This is the problem with the tournament. Teams from the larger conferences are too heavily weighted. I'd rather see a team like Murray riding a 25-1 streak going in, over IU riding a 2-9 streak.

There's no problem imo. Murray, while ranked in the polls, has literally beaten no one. Only one win in the top 100. Yes, top 100! You look at the 2011-12 team, and at least they beat a couple ranked teams and won the conference tournament. Unfortunately this Murray lost a couple of possible big wins, and then couldn't put the final piece on the resume by losing to Belmont.

There's no problem imo. Murray, while ranked in the polls, has literally beaten no one. Only one win in the top 100. Yes, top 100! You look at the 2011-12 team, and at least they beat a couple ranked teams and won the conference tournament. Unfortunately this Murray lost a couple of possible big wins, and then couldn't put the final piece on the resume by losing to Belmont.

Murray's a victim of their conference and always will be. Why aren't they on the schedule for the bigger boys in the region? Is Murray refusing to accept an offer from Memphis, UofL, Vandy etc? Or are they viewed as a lose-lose opponent, especially if they pull an upset because of their schedule and ultimate RPI? Therefore, they're never approached.

I don't know the answer, but for a mid major they have a terrible OOC schedule and are severely lacking a big name opponent outside of Xavier. Meanwhile, WKU (similar caliber) has played UofL, Minnesota and Ole Miss.

Regardless, IU is not deserving of a spot. The B1G is avg to mediocre this season and IU is in the bottom half of the league.

I saw clips during the Lady Vols game. Looked exciting.

Murray's a victim of their conference and always will be. Why aren't they on the schedule for the bigger boys in the region? Is Murray refusing to accept an offer from Memphis, UofL, Vandy etc? Or are they viewed as a lose-lose opponent, especially if they pull an upset because of their schedule and ultimate RPI? Therefore, they're never approached.

I don't know the answer, but for a mid major they have a terrible OOC schedule and are severely lacking a big name opponent outside of Xavier. Meanwhile, WKU (similar caliber) has played UofL, Minnesota and Ole Miss.

Regardless, IU is not deserving of a spot. The B1G is avg to mediocre this season and IU is in the bottom half of the league.

No idea, but they've done it year after year.

When's Cal going to schedule Murray?

That's one thing I liked about Pearl, he played pretty much every TN team, if not all of them in his tenure, even playing Middle in Murfreesboro.

The CFSB center would look like Bridgestone in Nashville before the SEC tournament. That would make both teams fan bases so happy. When the racers were on there win streak a few years ago Cal and his team stopped by to visit and congratulate them.

Too bad Memphis didn't recruit Payne hard Kids a baller and they needed a PG this yr..

VN Store

Back