"I Blame Tennessee Fans"

VolnJC

from the California board
images

"I had to done tell a lie to my daddy so I here told 'em that
crazy George Washington had done chopped down his still and
stole all his possum hides!"

A Tenn fan stated, "Watch and see - he'll have Cal winning 4 of the last 5 PAC-12 games."
The Tennessee fans said Cal would finish strong???? Doesn't look good for Cal, folks!

Colorado - win (so far so good)
Utah- loss (an expected oink and Cal did get oinked)
stanfurd - loss (Cal gets oinked in oinker game)
Oregon- loss (Cal gets oinked again)
Oregon state - possible win...maybe...it'll be tough per Oskidunker
Arizona - loss is more than expected
Arizona State - anticipated loss

Well, maybe the Tennessee fans were a'referrin' to the Pac12 Tourney play???

California Golden Bears Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

..they are 17-12 and are getting destroyed tonight by Arizona..with an RPI over 100 they probably won't make the NIT..that would be the first time in several years that they haven't been in the NCAA or NIT tourney

Last edited:
Last edited:
I cant remember, was the majority of Cal fans generally happy about hiring ZO away from us? I bet they really love him now.

Reactions: 2 people
He won about 5 in a row already, so that was classic Cuonzo.

To be fair, they were playing at Arizona. I doubt anyone expected them to win.

I like crappy basketball that goes to the sweet 16.

Except he gave up his idea of basketball and "just let them play" as the players themselves said, and what happened?

That team he had last year almost underachieved as much as LSU is this year, difference is we somehow pulled it together at the end despite him.

Reactions: 1 person
I blame Tennessee fans too. For getting me effing hammered at a tailgate a few years ago, causing me to lose my rental car that I couldn't find next day.

I watched maybe 5 minutes of the Cal-Arizona game but caught a gem of a statement by Bill Walton. He said that Martin had built up and developed UT into a power and that Cal fans should be excited that he is there. He said that he covered a previous Cal home game, and the atmosphere was great and that it would have left a neutral fan wanting to root for Cal.

I rewound it to make sure I heard it right and then chuckled.

I blame Tennessee fans too. For getting me effing hammered at a tailgate a few years ago, causing me to lose my rental car that I couldn't find next day.

If you were a fan of UT, those tailgates would be the norm, and you would be able to tolerate your alcohol a little better.

Reactions: 4 people
If you were a fan of UT, those tailgates would be the norm, and you would be able to tolerate your alcohol a little better.

Those tailgates are the norm here. The UT fan friends of mine all passed out the night before at the hotel, as we were getting ready to go out to the 2nd bar. Pansies, I hold my liquor just fine.

I fondly/vaguely remember my UT friend thinking he was getting in a cab, but instead climbed into a drunk bus taking kids back to UK campus from the bar. He was singing rocky top when a guy told him to get the **** out.

Good times.

Reactions: 2 people
Funniest thing about that whole situation, UT wasn't playing. They came with me to watch UK kick the **** out of Vandy. I guess you guys enjoy a good thrashing of those girls no matter who it comes from.

Reactions: 6 people
Funniest thing about that whole situation, UT wasn't playing. They came with me to watch UK kick the **** out of Vandy. I guess you guys enjoy a good thrashing of those girls no matter who it comes from.

UT fans will tailgate anytime, anywhere even if it's not our team.

I watched maybe 5 minutes of the Cal-Arizona game but caught a gem of a statement by Bill Walton. He said that Martin had built up and developed UT into a power and that Cal fans should be excited that he is there. He said that he covered a previous Cal home game, and the atmosphere was great and that it would have left a neutral fan wanting to root for Cal.

I rewound it to make sure I heard it right and then chuckled.

I heard that too and laughed. My wife was in another room asked me what was so funny.

Did you catch the part before his building us up where Walton hinted at his recruiting "prowess" and said that every recruit in the country knows who Cuonzo Martin is and loves him. He recruited so well he left us one consistent player.

We lucked out.

Hopefully the NCAA doesn't come down hard on DT. Them taking their time doesn't help.

VN Store

Back