LSU recruiting sanctions

WillisWG

I don't like radicals left or right!
Hefty LSU recruiting sanctions may be related to Alabama signee | CollegeFootballTalk

“LSU is banned from signing early enrollee recruits to financial aid agreements for the next two years, and the program will be stripped of 10 percent of its recruiting evaluation days in 2015.” The latter sanction works out to 21 of 210 days allotted on the recruiting calendar. The penalties stem from a recruit who had originally signed a financial aid agreement with LSU last August, with the intention of enrolling in January, but ultimately signed a National Letter of Intent elsewhere.

this doesn't make any sense to me

why are they punished for something out of their control?

Reactions: 1 person
110% Bama bull****. He was supposed to be an early enrollee at LSU, but flipped to Bama and didn't sign with them until signing day.

My understanding is that this is coming straight from the SEC office, not the NCAA.

That is BS. Why is LSU getting punished for a kid being a flake.

Because Bama.

The little midget is scared. Saban knows we're set up for monster classes in 2016/17 and needs every possible edge he can get.

It's my understanding that our compliance department self reported this on Feb 3, but it absolutely would have been reported by someone else (guess who) had they not done so.

This is low. Even for Satan.

Tennessee will have as good a record or better than LSU this season. LSU will finish 4th in the SEC West behind Alabama,Auburn and Ole Miss.

:lol:le Miss

Arky would have been a better choice. Fact of the matter is, if Jennings is QB next year, we're 8-5 again. If Brandon Harris steps up and takes the job, we finish 2nd or win the West. Have you seen what we return?

:lol:le Miss

Arky would have been a better choice. Fact of the matter is, if Jennings is QB next year, we're 8-5 again. If Brandon Harris steps up and takes the job, we finish 2nd or win the West. Have you seen what we return?

I think LSU goes 8-4 while Ole Miss goes 9-3. LSU will be held back by their coach and lack of a good quarterback. If LSU had a better Coach than Les Miles and Quarterback they might go 10-2. Les always costs LSU a game or two every season.

This makes little sense if what the story says is true.

On another note, the kid must be really confused....wearing an ole miss shirt, committed to LSU, and signed with Bama.

Reactions: 1 person
I think LSU goes 8-4 while Ole Miss goes 9-3. LSU will be held back by their coach and lack of a good quarterback. If LSU had a better Coach than Les Miles and Quarterback they might go 10-2. Les always costs LSU a game or two every season.

So who's going to play QB for Ole Miss and win 9 games next year? AK-47 Kelly or the fat guy they try to run the wildcat with?:lol:

I don't see 4 losses on our schedule next year. I do see 5 for Tennessee.

So who's going to play QB for Ole Miss and win 9 games next year? AK-47 Kelly or the fat guy they try to run the wildcat with?:lol:

I don't see 4 losses on our schedule next year. I do see 5 for Tennessee.

Tennessee will lose to Oklahoma,Florida,Alabama and Missouri giving Tennessee an 8-4 record. UT will beat UGA in Knoxville. I think LSWHO loses to Auburn,Alabama,Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Last edited:
More than anything, this seems like a very clear message to not sign players to financial aid agreements so early in the process. It definitely won't instill any sense of loyalty within the player.

Hmm....this don't make much sense. It appears it was out of LSU's hands, and the decision was the recruits alone.

The punishment is excessive but they didn't have to sign a recruit to a financial aid agreement in August. Les probably thought the signed agreement would leave the player with a sense of obligation to honor his commitment but kids just don't think that way.

VN Store

Back