Maryland Storming Court?

BigOrangeVols

Not an Insider
Did anyone else find this ridiculous? They say act like you've been there before, and Maryland truly has been there before. Not to mention they're ranked #14.

Reactions: 1 person
Kansas St did it Monday night over # 8 Kansas ---- I can see it if # 1 goes down but beyond that is pretty much worthless

Interesting....does this mean UT hoops hasn't been there before?

http://youtu.be/AaMS-cWyKIc

I don't know the circumstances of that game. If we won close and you guys were much better than us than I could justify it, just like I can justify the K State rushing. But my argument is that Maryland has been there before, and is there now.

edit: We won on a last second steal and you guys we're ranked #2 and our somewhat rivals. Of course we rushed.

Last edited:
Storming the court between major conference teams is...

Never. Ever. Justifiable.

It is stupid.

I don't like court storming, but I understand it.

It made sense when Indiana beat #1 UK at the buzzer...it was completely organic and not staged or pre-planned.

Ditto for UT storming the field against us in '98. Broke a long losing streak against a Top 5 conference and divisional rival, and it was spontaneous, unplanned.

K State is 14-15 though. Seems much more appropriate than Maryland at 23-5 and ranked #14.

I get that, but living up here, I could see how big this game was. First year in the Big 10, looking to make an impact, and this game has been circled on Terps fans' calendars since the start.

This wasn't a major upset, but Terps fans haven't been relevant for a while, and for the first time in years, they won a huge game that actually meant something.

Its Wisconsin, people. That would be like Syracuse storming the court for beating Miami.

Dunno, I just know we lost and you guys stormed the court.

Regular season CBB rankings are pretty meaningless imo.

I was at that game. Vols were coming off years of suck, Bruce shows up, first year, and knocks off a FL team that was #2, but the #1 team had just lost...meaning FL would've taken the 1 spot.

I was sittin nosebleed with non-Vol-fan-friends...otherwise I would've been on the floor, too. To this day they say that was the best basketball experience they've ever been a part of.

Since all this became media attention this past week -- I have yet to see in any article how it is rare in the SEC since there is fines to be paid -- thats the simple solutuion and its being ignored by the media

If you ever question how relevant your team is in the hierarchy of college basketball and your fans rush the floor after a win, your question is answered.

Did anyone else find this ridiculous? They say act like you've been there before, and Maryland truly has been there before. Not to mention they're ranked #14.

So what will be your stance on the rushing the field threads that will pop up before the OU and UGA games?

VN Store

Back