This is f'n ridiculous

there was something similar to this a while ago. something with Oregon St not having room for some of their athletes or something. i think that worked out after a while. (not sure on the school or circumstances this article just sparked a memory)

Reactions: 1 person
The NCAA is a joke

If they would loose there tax exempt status, it would clean a lot of there crap up

Same with the NFL

Reactions: 4 people
Funny how this kid accepts an apartment because he was homeless and the NCAA says he can never play again, but one of their top money makers, Johnny Football, who is from a wealthy family, gets money for autographs and only misses half of a meaningless game. Heck Bama players constantly post pics of them owning cars they can't afford and fans of cash and the NCAA does nothing, not even try to investigate.

It was funny how botht he player and school said that they were told by th NCAA that he was ineligible but when the story gets attention and they get called out for doing this to a homeless kid they suddenly make a comment saying that no decision has been made. First I thought they didn't comment on ongoing investigations and second I guess they realized how bad this makes them look when Jameis and Johnny get to continue play after accepting money for autographs and just making a mockery of the entire system and then they try to come down hard on some homeless walk-on.

Reactions: 6 people
Heard Doug Gottlieb on the radio today say that the NCAA says they have not declared him ineligible. Someone's lying.

Edit: I read the article now and see that it says that.

I thought this was the entire basis for a heartwarming movie that was made based on a true story.

Reactions: 2 people
I would never want to defend the 'AA, but just from reading around it looks like Baylor anticipated the NCAA ruling him ineligible and went ahead and booted him.

Is there more to the story? One day he's a student at Cornell and the next he's living on the street?

So did the NCAA rule him inelgible or not?

They warned him he couldn't continue to do it, and he did. Baylor compliance stepped in and ruled him ineligible before the NCAA ever ruled appears to be the case.

Dan Patrick brought up an interesting point yesterday. With this ruling, Rudy should be ruled ineligible, forcing Notre Dame to vacate their win vs Georgia Tech. I'm in favor of anything costing ND wins.

Reactions: 4 people
The lawsuits against the NCAA are more than fair and just, I hope there are many more lawsuits to come, hopefully a larger injunction.

Still waiting for the non-NFL collegiate players of the past to sue the colleges for concussions and joint deterioration. That will bring an end to collegiate contact sports altogether. The universities will finally see that athletics are more of a liability than an asset and force these sports in to farm systems where they belong.

Still waiting for the non-NFL collegiate players of the past to sue the colleges for concussions and joint deterioration. That will bring an end to collegiate contact sports altogether. The universities will finally see that athletics are more of a liability than an asset and force these sports in to farm systems where they belong.

Yes, fans favoring a bunch of lawsuits need to be careful what they ask for.

Even if they believe he received benefits, the article says it was from a close family friend. It has always been understood that you can receive benefits from someone in which you have had a relationship prior to being a student-athlete. My guess is his status may change.

Even if they believe he received benefits, the article says it was from a close family friend. It has always been understood that you can receive benefits from someone in which you have had a relationship prior to being a student-athlete. My guess is his status may change.

He's since disclosed it's only an acquaintance

If you want college sports to die then why are you on a fan forum?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back