Bruce Still Holding the Candle

If Bruce loves and misses UT so much, he's free to resign from Auburn at any time and become a water boy for the Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
I wonder if he's happy he chose UK? Sure they played for a NC last season, and are undefeated and favorites to win it all, but he doesn't get the mins he would at a place like UT. I'm guessing he's hurt because it shows he's only played 8 games and not even in the 2 deep. At UT he could of possibly became a star and certainly get more than the 20 mins of playing time he does. His stats have never been good either.

I wonder if he's happy he chose UK? Sure they played for a NC last season, and are undefeated and favorites to win it all, but he doesn't get the mins he would at a place like UT. I'm guessing he's hurt because it shows he's only played 8 games and not even in the 2 deep. At UT he could of possibly became a star and certainly get more than the 20 mins of playing time he does. His stats have never been good either.

Dude, he's not playing because he tore his ACL.

Most of the time when coaches are fired they immediately relocate like Buzz Peterson and Jerry Green (there was for sale sign in his yard even before his firing was announced). It is very telling that Bruce continued to live in Knoxville for over three years after he was fired by Tennessee and even took a position with HT Hackney which had to take some pride swallowing. This is an example of a man still pining for an old flame if I've ever seen it.

Might want to catch up and read the news sometime guy.

Poythress was nice. He said "no" but he thought, "**** no."

I don't blame him for choosing UK, but if Pearl had still been at UT, he probably would have contributed much more at UT. Sometimes, it is better to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

99% of Alex's struggles have been in his head. Self-confidence. Hope he makes a full rehab and makes the best decision for himself in April.

I don't blame him for choosing UK, but if Pearl had still been at UT, he probably would have contributed much more at UT. Sometimes, it is better to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

99% of Alex's struggles have been in his head. Self-confidence. Hope he makes a full rehab and makes the best decision for himself in April.

Isn't he on track to graduate early this year? If he wants to come back he can get a medical redshirt.

That dude is a Wildcat favorite. I think of him like I do Darius Miller. Could probably be governor if he wanted.

Most of the time when coaches are fired they immediately relocate like Buzz Peterson and Jerry Green (there was for sale sign in his yard even before his firing was announced). It is very telling that Bruce continued to live in Knoxville for over three years after he was fired by Tennessee and even took a position with HT Hackney which had to take some pride swallowing. This is an example of a man still pining for an old flame if I've ever seen it.

No doubt that Pearl wants to be in Knoxville. Buzz and Jerry weren't forced to sit out for three years though. Also Bruce's new wife was from the Knoxville area and his kids were in school.

Devoe has kept his Knoxville house, but it's about 5% of Bruce's in Gettysvue.

Pearl is a VFL

The only other coach I can think of that has stuck around and has a undeniable love for UT and was fired from this Unniversity is Fulmer.

I see the same similarities in a actions between the 2, other than the obvious in that Fulmer isn't coaching another team in the SEC and promoting our VOLS. Sad, sad situations on both parts......

I would gladly take Pearl back as HBC. His tenure is the only time I've ever been excited about BB.

I hope Tyndall is a long term solution. If he's not, we're still not paying Pearl's buyout until it comes way down which won't be for about 4 years. And that's assuming the powers that be would allow it and if Pearl is even relevant by then.

Personally I think his best days are behind him, but we'll see.

VN Store

Back