Texas hires high school coach

kamoshika

Jeff Traylor, the former head coach and athletics director at Gilmer [Texas] High School, has been named tight ends and special teams coach at The University of Texas, head coach Charlie Strong announced Friday.

Traylor was Gilmer's head coach for the past 15 seasons (2000-14), amassing three state championships (2004, '09 '14) and a 175-26 overall record (.871). He also led GHS to state runner-up finishes in 2007 and 2012, along with 12 district titles.

Texas Longhorns Athletics - Traylor named tight ends and special teams coach at Texas

****, Coach Taylor is the only Texas HS coach worth a ****.

grant_e_fnl4_57611.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like a good hire. It's a big move for him but anyone would take the opportunity.

I will see your Coach Bud Kilmer and raise you with his successor, the only person in Texas high school football history to go from the starting quarterback to the head coach in the same season.

Coach Lance Harbor

Paul-in-Varsity-Blues-paul-walker-19058875-900-506.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I will see your Coach Bud Kilmer and raise you with his successor, the only person in Texas high school football history to go from the starting quarterback to the head coach in the same season.

Coach Lance Harbor

Ummmm... This is awkward.

Reactions: 1 person

Coach Lance Harbor

Lol

New college staffs do this a lot. It's a recruiting tactics.

This is actually how Tony Franklin and Gus Malzhan got their starts.

Slightly off topic but don't care...had missed that Dennis Franchione was back at Texas State...he coached them when they were Southwest Texas State...before he took over at UNM...nice building little FBS program down there in San Marcos...mention his name to a Bama friend if you're up for a laugh. :)

VN Store

Back