NCAA considering to make freshman ineligible (BB)

NBA needs to have the same draft rule as the NFL. That would help the college game.

I think it should be the same as MLB. If you want to go pro you should be able to, but if you go to a school you should have to be there for at least 2 seasons. I know the MLB is 3 but I think 2 would be reasonable.

Reactions: 4 people
I think it should be the same as MLB. If you want to go pro you should be able to, but if you go to a school you should have to be there for at least 2 seasons. I know the MLB is 3 but I think 2 would be reasonable.

I agree. I'd be fine if it was 3. But allow them to go once, then you gotta stay. The NBA lends itself well to right-out-of-high school players, however I'd hope that the NBA would implement a couple small classes for all from-HS players regarding monetary responsibility. The last thing I want to see is people who put their bodies through hell for our enjoyment only to end up penniless and skill-less because they never got to learn how to respect the money they make.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
JUCO and NAIA would absolutely love if this actually happened. The 'AA would be absolutely stupid - significantly more so than we know them to be - to seriously consider making freshmen ineligible. I understand why some want it, but I don't think it will ever happen. The NBA will alter their age limit first.

Basketball would return to being boring and lame because the truly talented kids would not think about coming to school.

Reactions: 2 people
boring and lame = Kentucky not absolutely dominating?

If you haven't noticed, we've done a fairly good job dominating significant periods of college basketball long before the 1 and done.

It has nothing to do with just UK. College basketball would be less entertaining and played at a lower level without all that talent available.

Basketball would return to being boring and lame because the truly talented kids would not think about coming to school.

It's already pretty boring due to the bad team play and the ticky tacky fouls being called.

Reactions: 2 people
This is so unimaginably stupid and useless that I don't even take it serious. This is the sports equivalent of click bait.

If you haven't noticed, we've done a fairly good job dominating significant periods of college basketball long before the 1 and done.

It has nothing to do with just UK. College basketball would be less entertaining and played at a lower level without all that talent available.

It would be a better game, not worse.

I'm for it,I'm sick of the non-Students only going to school one year(probably not even going to school)

They will just be two and done, and one of those years they didn't even get to play. So it changes nothing.

The age limit for the NBA, amateur rules and other things are absurdly archaic.

Just let kids enroll for the draft at any age without penalty as long as they don't hire an agent. Problems solved. It is really that simple.

They will just be two and done, and one of those years they didn't even get to play. So it changes nothing.

The age limit for the NBA, amateur rules and other things are absurdly archaic.

Just let kids enroll for the draft at any age without penalty as long as they don't hire an agent. Problems solved. It is really that simple.

Problem is eventually there maybe a huge talent deficit with all the talented kids that are worth anything going pro with only less talented or non talented players left which would possibly destroy college basketball.

Problem is eventually there maybe a huge talent deficit with all the talented kids that are worth anything going pro with only less talented or non talented players left which would possibly destroy college basketball.

Who cares about a talent gap? It is extremely selfish to think your viewing pleasure is more important than the livelihood of these humans (I want to call them humans because too often people objectify athletes, so I'll call them humans for perspective here)

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back