Who would be on your top 5 list of worst fans?

Dave1967

Who would be on your list of worst college sports fans? I mean the most arrogant and rude among other things. My top 5 list of worst college sports fans is

1)Vanderbilt(Massive Superiority complex for as few Vandy fans as there are)
2)Georgia(Very arrogant and rude,i've witnessed it as a GT fan)
3)Florida(Complete jerks for the most part.They were incredibly rude during the 1994 Tennessee-Florida game)
4)North Carolina(Arrogant like Vandy but they've at least won Championships.)
5)Kentucky(Very rude and arrogant at football games but not as bad as during Basketball season.)

I thought there was a thread on this some time ago. But I'll bite...

1) Vandy. Massive complex about the two great seasons they had and history doesn't mean squat
2) Bammers. Because Bammers. And way, way, way too many bandwagon fans.
3) Texas. Rude, arrogant and always want to remind you of how great they have been. But the last four years don't count.
4) Vandy. Because Vandy
5) Bammers. (repeat, but deserve two spots like Vandy since they cannot control themselves)

Based on my geographic location, interactions, and feelings towards UT, I'll include some fanbases where I'm from, but the fans from Knoxville don't have to deal with.

1. Alabama
2. Memphis
3. Ole Miss
4. Florida
5. Auburn

1. Alabama football fans (see: Finebaum show)
2. Kentucky basketball fans (pretty much the same as Alabama football fans but in a different season)
3. Florida fans (actually worse than bammers when they're playing in Neyland)

In my experience, every fan base is about the same except for one.

Miami. Those Vanilla Ice lookin, don't even know where the school is much less actually attended, Axe body spray havin douches are unlike any other fan base on the planet with no actual redeeming value of any kind.

They don't even have cheers. They just put two hands together and form a "U" and wear T-shirt with BS slogans like "we invented swag" or "swag u".

Miami, hands down.

Reactions: 8 people
1. Ohio State
2. UGA
3. Florida
4. Clemson
5. Vandy

Honorable Mention
Annoying: Memphis basketball
Defends pedos: Penn State
Obnoxious: Maryland
No class, white trash: ECU, West Virginia, Louisville
*******s: Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My experience with Kentucky fans - even when it comes to basketball - has been favorable.

Also, I think Alabama are so redneck and weird that it's actually entertaining to laugh at. And they have reason to gloat anyway. Unlike UGA and Clemson fans who think they belong in the class of elites despite nothing to back that up.

In my experience, every fan base is about the same except for one.

Miami. Those Vanilla Ice lookin, don't even know where the school is much less actually attended, Axe body spray havin douches are unlike any other fan base on the planet with no actual redeeming value of any kind.

They don't even have cheers. They just put two hands together and form a "U" and wear T-shirt with BS slogans like "we invented swag" or "swag u".

Miami, hands down.

This, by far.

The UF-UT rivalry and fan interaction was downright toxic in the early 90s, but it doesn't hold a candle to UF-Miami.

Reactions: 3 people
Every fanbase has their good and bad. Generally, the good outweighs the bad.

The only experience I've had where that was reversed was Virginia Tech fans. 9 out of every 10 that I came across the two times Bama played them in Atlanta ranged from annoying to awful.

So have fun with those clowns in Bristol.

Reactions: 2 people
1. South Carolina: trophy case of Vandy ego of Bama
2. Vandy: little brother syndrome
3. Ohio State: stuck up pricks who think they made Urban Meyer great
4. Notre Dame: they think their school is God's gift to football
5. Kentcuky BB: they have their noses so high in the air i dont think they can see the ground

Reactions: 1 person
So.... Nobody here been to Red Stick, LA?

LSU fans are horrible and I won't go back.

Being from West Tennessee, I have to say that I am NOT a fan of ole miss fans.... entitled, rude, arrogant, uppity, etc.

Virginia Tech football fans. Despite sucking for the better part of 80 years, they act like they invented the damn game.

Reactions: 2 people

You will get your fair share of crap, "tiger bait" and whatnot. But I've been to Tiger Stadium many times, and the majority of those folks are great. I've been invited into more tailgate tents in Baton Rouge than I have in any other opposing town.

You will get your fair share of crap, "tiger bait" and whatnot. But I've been to Tiger Stadium many times, and the majority of those folks are great. I've been invited into more tailgate tents in Baton Rouge than I have in any other opposing town.

Nailed it....if you can handle LSU fans getting within a foot of your face and yelling "TIGAH BAYTE!!!" without going soft like vols4evah, that very same LSU fan will likely invite you to his (or her) tailgate where you will be treated to some of the best tailgate grub on the damn planet.

We had a group of LSU fans invite us to their tailgate before the 2001 game, and we returned the favor in '02 when they came to Gainesville.

1. University of Maryland. The most low class fan base I have ever encountered.
2. Auburn. I went in 2003 and they were the worst of any SEC fans I've dealt with.
3. Ohio State. These idiots show up to the beach in droves in the summer time. They should be even worse this summer
4. UK basketball fans (most of you guys on this board are cool) Ever since 1992 they have been on the list.
5. Florida. My trip to Gainesville was less than stellar.

Special Exemption for the week: UNC fans.

1. University of Maryland. The most low class fan base I have ever encountered.
2. Auburn. I went in 2003 and they were the worst of any SEC fans I've dealt with.
3. Ohio State. These idiots show up to the beach in droves in the summer time. They should be even worse this summer
4. UK basketball fans (most of you guys on this board are cool) Ever since 1992 they have been on the list.
5. Florida. My trip to Gainesville was less than stellar.

Special Exemption for the week: UNC fans.

My only experience with Maryland fans was the 2002 Orange Bowl, and they were loud and rowdy up until the point where we took a 3TD lead in the first half.

My first impression of Maryland fans will always be the "f*** you JJ!" chant back when JJ Redick played for Duke...the entire student section, loud and proud on national TV as Duke was spanking that ass in College Park.

Every fanbase has their good and bad. Generally, the good outweighs the bad.

The only experience I've had where that was reversed was Virginia Tech fans. 9 out of every 10 that I came across the two times Bama played them in Atlanta ranged from annoying to awful.

So have fun with those clowns in Bristol.
Gonna be full of that liquor I wish they would..

Being from West Tennessee, I have to say that I am NOT a fan of ole miss fans.... entitled, rude, arrogant, uppity, etc.

You just nailed Ole Miss..
My list goes as follows..
1.Lizards
2.Ole Miss
3. Ohio St wrk with many of these clowns
4. Bama
5. Vandy

VN Store

Back