Duke up 43-13 on #10 Notre Dame in the first half

govols120

15-0
15-17 from the field 16 minutes in, 7-7 from three. That happens sometimes, I guess?

They shot amazing from deep. ND couldn't make anything. Second half is a little more equal so far. Jahlil is one the best big men I've ever seen. Not really that athletic, but uses his body so well. Not elite defensively though. Not even better than average, he's actually very mediocre right now. But offensively he's so far ahead of college guys. In the long run, a year or two more would help immensely, but no doubt he leaves and is number one.

They shot amazing from deep. ND couldn't make anything. Second half is a little more equal so far. Jahlil is one the best big men I've ever seen. Not really that athletic, but uses his body so well. Not elite defensively though. Not even better than average, he's actually very mediocre right now. But offensively he's so far ahead of college guys. In the long run, a year or two more would help immensely, but no doubt he leaves and is number one.

Okafor's offensive game reminds me a lot of Duncan's or an Olajuwan. His footwork and hands are unreal.

Last edited:
No better time to start warming up than February. Just keep the train rolling.

Yeah. Those four rings K has, 11 Final Fours and 82-26 overall record in the NCAA Tourney laugh at your attempt of putting Duke down.

The last couple years have been flukes, but it's been a joy to see the Blue Devils lose like that consecutively.

Also, I made the thread complimenting Duke's insane first half and have no partiality for or against teams other than Tennessee/Michigan/their rivals or for NCAA Tournament rooting interests. Neither of those apply here. Moving on.

I was e-mailing back and forth with a friend in Greensboro the other day who is a huge Duke fan and I got under his skin saying that Coach K's most talented team was '99 (Brand, Langdon, Avery, Battier, Maggette) and they choked big time vs UConn and how that taints him as a coach... I was doing it just to ruffle his feathers but I think there is some truth to it. It's great that he has 4 titles but he should have 5.

I was e-mailing back and forth with a friend in Greensboro the other day who is a huge Duke fan and I got under his skin saying that Coach K's most talented team was '99 (Brand, Langdon, Avery, Battier, Maggette) and they choked big time vs UConn and how that taints him as a coach... I was doing it just to ruffle his feathers but I think there is some truth to it. It's great that he has 4 titles but he should have 5.

So should Belichek. Carroll should have multiples in both college and the NFL. I bet Phil Jackson should have one more floating somewhere. As should Dean Smith. And Joe Torre. Even Pat should have at least one more. Surely Wooden could've made sure the pockets were lined for one more. I bet even Red let one slip by. Dumb dumb dumb argument.

Cal should have like three more.

That was a joke post, but by all means, paint me as the guy who "puts Duke down."

Well its the norm here. I'm not a TN basketball fan by any stretch, but I do grow weary of fans acting like K is a farce due to a couple early exits. Want to say he looks like a rat? Yea I really can't argue that.

Before it's asked, as a kid I grew up playing on a team whose coach had a son on the team. The son was average, maybe just slightly better than myself, but there were three players far better than either of us, including a future D1 guy. The coach always gave his son preferential treatment over those guys and it caused me to hate the Wade and Allen Houston combo. As a PG, I loved Bobby Hurley. Never knew as an 8/9 year old that Duke would make a run like this.

The last couple years have been flukes, but it's been a joy to see the Blue Devils lose like that consecutively.

It wasn't consecutively. Duke lost to Loiusville in the Elite 8 in between. Not something to be proud of, but not back to back early exits. I don't see that happening this year.

Should have 7, at least 6. '94 and '99 especially come to mind, just like 37-3 team in '86. '99 hurt the worst though. **** Khalid El-Amin.

VN Store

Back