Kentucky fan

thetennlegend

Some UK fan on the finebaum show just called Jojo Kemp at top 3 sec back and thinks they can compete for the east next year hahahahaha I thought we were delusional.

I thought it was quite hilarious. The fact that I can name multiple freshman rbs totally in another class then kemp.

JoJo has gotta stop reading his press clippings if he wants to sniff that.

Gentleman, for you entertainment. I would like to note that not all of them are crazy but there are many on that site saying they should hit 9-10 wins next year. There are other threads saying similar things, for some reason it seems that most of them consider us a W for some reason.
Nevermind, couldnt get the link to work. its catsillustrated for those that wanna give it a look, thread is titled "wins next year."

Catsillustrated--Wildcat Lair

Last edited:
If you heard a UK fan predict 7 wins for 2014 you'd say he/she was crazy. But reality is even at 5 we overachieved and damn close to a bowl game. People see the losing streak and forget we still improved by 3 wins. 6-7 should be our goal next year. We were a couple plays from that this year. Kemp is a good, but we are going to be a team that uses multiple backs and none will stand out. Horton, Kemp, Williams and maybe Clemons will all get carries. Some UK fans are way to optimistic about our talent. It's good, but still way behind.

Reactions: 1 person
If you heard a UK fan predict 7 wins for 2014 you'd say he/she was crazy. But reality is even at 5 we overachieved and damn close to a bowl game. People see the losing streak and forget we still improved by 3 wins. 6-7 should be our goal next year. We were a couple plays from that this year. Kemp is a good, but we are going to be a team that uses multiple backs and none will stand out. Horton, Kemp, Williams and maybe Clemons will all get carries. Some UK fans are way to optimistic about our talent. It's good, but still way behind.

I agree that y'all overachieved this past season, in fact UK should have been in a bowl if not for a certain ref refusing to throw a flag for delay of game.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand the draw of reporting what opposing fans are saying elsewhere. The last thing you'll ever hear me say is, "Guess what they're saying at VolNation?"

Gentleman, for you entertainment. I would like to note that not all of them are crazy but there are many on that site saying they should hit 9-10 wins next year. There are other threads saying similar things, for some reason it seems that most of them consider us a W for some reason.
Nevermind, couldnt get the link to work. its catsillustrated for those that wanna give it a look, thread is titled "wins next year."

Catsillustrated--Wildcat Lair

I disagree. With an SEC OL he can do some good things.

I'll be devils advocate (no offense thetennlegend) and mention that of his 323 season yards, 131 of them were in one game against USCjr where a majority was in the "WildKemp", a gimmick. Unfortunately after that game he had a combined 37 yards when our schedule was its hardest.

Now obviously he wasnt a feature back, and we didnt really rush him much in the last half of the season. He's a great runner, and can develop into a very solid top 5 or so back in the next couple years.

I disagree you saw what hurd did with probably the worst line in the sec. Kemp is nowhere near that level and never will be.

I disagree you saw what hurd did with probably the worst line in the sec. Kemp is nowhere near that level and never will be.

Hurd had 900 yards on 4.7 a carry. Marlin (the only other RB that got a lot of meaningful carries) had 300 yards with 3.5 a carry.

Meanwhile Boom Williams had 490 yards on 6.6, Heard had 370 on 5.0, Kemp got 320 with 4.6, and finally Horton 300 going 5.2

Had we only used one or two backs, by averages they could have had a better statistical season. Now obviously just looking at talent, Hurd is more talented physically. But certainly the UK running backs were very comparable stats wise.

Alot of those stats came against awful teams too. Hurd chubb Michel fournette payne Robinson Collins the other arky kid that's 8 right there that are better. Yeldon too that's 9 that aren't even debatable.

Alot of those stats came against awful teams too. Hurd chubb Michel fournette payne Robinson Collins the other arky kid that's 8 right there that are better. Yeldon too that's 9 that aren't even debatable.

2014 College Football Strength of Schedule - NCAA Method

Link right there saying UT has 3rd toughest schedule and we had the 6th. So not sure you can say our schedule was easy for any of our running backs.

If you want to say talent is everything you have to look at, then sure, there's a lot of pride in having a 5* back. It can make a bad Oline look a lot better (Also what Dobbs did with running). UK talentwise has lower ranked guys, but our Oline wasn't much better and they were just as good statistically as Hurd (by the averages).

It is debatable because it is a subjective discussion on an internet message board. Absurd suggestion.

I don't understand the draw of reporting what opposing fans are saying elsewhere. The last thing you'll ever hear me say is, "Guess what they're saying at VolNation?"

Its not the draw, was more sheer boredom and coincidence actually. Figured I'd see how other programs were looking heading into NSD and shortly after stumbled onto this thread. By the way you're a UK fan on a TN site, kettle and pot and all that jazz.

Its not the draw, was more sheer boredom and coincidence actually. Figured I'd see how other programs were looking heading into NSD and shortly after stumbled onto this thread. By the way you're a UK fan on a TN site, kettle and pot and all that jazz.

VN is the only message board that I ever visit.

Reactions: 2 people
VN is the only message board that I ever visit.

Still an ironic thing to say given the circumstances.lol I don't really care what you do, my only point was don't make me look like a 5 yr old running around playing tattle tale when you have no clue what events took place leading up to my post.

Edit: Meant to add that this is also in the around the ncaa forum so if that is a big deal to you I would avoid this forum due to that being its exact purpose.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back