Gridiron Cats may be in trouble

we will see. either way very disappointing for it to be the face of change at UK.

Same three that did the stupid pellet gun over on campus. Stoops needs to punish harshly. For someone who was the face of the recruiting class and a future leader Barker has been a huge disappointment. He is a good guy, I've met him a few times, and I wouldn't expect this.

Also more bad news that 2 four star commits flipped to Michigan State. The 2nd half of the season evidently hurt a lot in the recruiting. Lost 3 players in the last week, and got no one good other than a 3 star DB. Next year will be reminiscent of Joker's 2nd year imo. Better get these players in line and win 5 or 6 games. And recruit better, or Stoops has no future.

Reactions: 3 people
Same three that did the stupid pellet gun over on campus. Stoops needs to punish harshly. For someone who was the face of the recruiting class and a future leader Barker has been a huge disappointment. He is a good guy, I've met him a few times, and I wouldn't expect this.

Also more bad news that 2 four star commits flipped to Michigan State. The 2nd half of the season evidently hurt a lot in the recruiting. Lost 3 players in the last week, and got no one good other than a 3 star DB. Next year will be reminiscent of Joker's 2nd year imo. Better get these players in line and win 5 or 6 games. And recruit better, or Stoops has no future.

Kentucky will be looking for a new head football coach after the 2016 season.

Reactions: 4 people
Why can't some of these guys understand this stuff is stupid?

I don't think so. I think the recruiting is players seeing the last half of 2014 and overreacting. 2 plays make us 7-5 going into a bowl game. Maybe even Damien Harris would have been swung to coming here then. Someone told me earlier this week that he thought a few might decommit, a person who is around the program. Didn't believe him at first but looks like he is right.

Stoops should be guaranteed through next year. Then I think we start judging harshly. He came in with worse talent than Joker, and still a lot of recruits haven't played much. 6 wins should be the goal next year. Then after that we should be bowling every year with more stability.

A witness who is friends with Barker. :thumbsup:

This. Of course Scurry was the aggressor when asking Barker's jock sniffer. Regardless of who started it, Scurry has multiple face fractures and there's nothing being reported on the injury front for the UK guys. Barker and Co definitely finished it, it sounds like.

Probably not. I'm not sure they're going to be able to do much better than someone who can actually sell this much interest to recruits, regarding that program.

(I'm just using Rivals for lack of time to check through all of them.)

They're being in the 17-30 range the last few years (without needing a winning season/bowl game to do so) is a huge step up from the years before where they were recruiting in the 50-60s range.

We were 22nd in 2014. Right now we'd be finishing outside the top 30. Part of that is losing out on Harris, getting a few decommits. Wish we could flip Josh Smith from Vandy and get a couple more 3 or 4 stars for depth.

But a lot here on VN said that Stoops is better than Butch and way ahead of him regarding the progress of the programs. I am confused.

VN overreacted when the Cats were 5-1. Some people called the losing skid. It was painfully close to being a lot different. Wish we could have shown up to the UT game like we did against a better UL team.

Don't follow the Cat's a lot in FB but know Barker's name. QB's are like surgeons, they are not supposed to risk messing up their hands in fist fights and crap like that. Seriously not real bright on the part of a leader of the team. Sounds like these boys run around together and tend to get into/look for trouble. Stoops needs to get a handle on this problem with these 3 and end it before it becomes a cancer in the field house.

I don't think so. I think the recruiting is players seeing the last half of 2014 and overreacting. 2 plays make us 7-5 going into a bowl game. Maybe even Damien Harris would have been swung to coming here then. Someone told me earlier this week that he thought a few might decommit, a person who is around the program. Didn't believe him at first but looks like he is right.

Stoops should be guaranteed through next year. Then I think we start judging harshly. He came in with worse talent than Joker, and still a lot of recruits haven't played much. 6 wins should be the goal next year. Then after that we should be bowling every year with more stability.

Florida game will forever be a win in my book.

Reactions: 6 people
This morning, Richmond Police Chief Larry R. Brock released new details about the bar fight that allegedly involved Drew Barker, Dorian Baker, Tymere Dubose and EKU lineman Colton Scurry at Jerzee’s in Richmond this weekend. It’s important to note that Brock does not mention the UK football players by name:

“On 01/25/2015, at approximately 5:00 P.M., a complainant reported to Richmond Police that he had been assaulted at a local bar by several male subjects.

“The complainant reported that he was at Jerzee’s, 122 E. Main Street, at approximately 12:30 A.M. when he was grabbed by three to four males who began hitting the complainant repeatedly in the head. At one point the complainant reported losing consciousness. Following the assault, the complainant attempted to walk back to EKU, where he is a student. He was accompanied by two females who were attempting to aid him. Eventually an ambulance was summoned and the complainant was taken to Baptist Health hospital for treatment.

“The complainant reported that he suffered cuts under his right eye, above his left eye, and to his head that required closure by stitches or staples. He also suffered a broken nose and broken bones in and around his right cheek bone and orbital socket. The officer taking the report observed severe swelling and bruising to the complainant’s face.

“The investigation is currently ongoing with interviews of witnesses being conducted and other evidence being analyzed. Once the investigation has been completed and the facts are fully established, the department will take the appropriate action with regard to the filing of charges against any person deemed to be culpable. Until that time, the department will have no further comment on the matter. “

-Herald Leader

Evidently there's more about the EKU player saying that he has some history with UK players. He claimed to have thrown beer bottles at Nerlens Noel car a few years ago. Not sure if we can take his story that he was just randomly grabbed and beat up. Maye he mouthed at them when he saw the UK guys, and they responded with a beer bottle at him. No room for that kind of retaliation but I have a hard time believing he is completely innocent. Either way, the UK players are in serious trouble, and rightfully so.

VN Store

Back