Central Michigan HC Search Update

VolnJC

Central Michigan: SpartanNation.com’s Hondo Carpenter reports Central Michigan has interviewed Detroit Lions special teams coordinator John Bonamego for their head coaching job. Bonamego is a former CMU player

I posted this in the NCAA forum but thought it might be relevant here too.

Central Michigan: SpartanNation.com’s Hondo Carpenter reports Central Michigan has interviewed Detroit Lions special teams coordinator John Bonamego for their head coaching job. Bonamego is a former CMU player

Reactions: 4 people
Someone else brought this up in another thread, but is Azzani really a good WR coach or just a good recruiter? I mean, a lot of our guys we were expecting to count on or who were highly touted coming in we're pretty underwhelming. The only pleasant surprise was Josh Smith's play before he got hurt. Von is pretty good but probably surviving on talent more than anything. Croom, North, and Malone all had subpar years when they were healthy considering what was expected of them.

Someone else brought this up in another thread, but is Azzani really a good WR coach or just a good recruiter? I mean, a lot of our guys we were expecting to count on or who were highly touted coming in we're pretty underwhelming. The only pleasant surprise was Josh Smith's play before he got hurt. Von is pretty good but probably surviving on talent more than anything. Croom, North, and Malone all had subpar years when they were healthy considering what was expected of them.

The O-Line may have contributed. Just going out on a limb here.

Reactions: 3 people

It's a good question but i think you have to look at qb and ol play. North is the one I really expected to break out but he was hurt most of the time Dobbs was playing well. Malone was a freshman and Von's first year in sec. Everybody was thinking another CP but that is rare. Croom improved as the year went on and I think pig played really well. I believe this year would give us the answer for sure though if azzani is around.

Reactions: 1 person

I believe most of that falls on piss poor play calling

Reactions: 2 people

he is not great at either. he is okay and not horrible at all. but not great at all..

Offensive line issues, did you notice how few passes North got, and how many poor passes were thrown due to qb hurries? Too early to tell.

Reactions: 1 person

That's what I been saying. It's been said before he got here that his guys regress. Though we have unique circumstances it seems to be the case here..We will see this yr

Looks like there won't be any quick coaching change for the CMU HC position. The Chippewas named special teams coordinator and linebackers coach Kyle Nystrom as interim head coach this morning. He was hired to hold down the fort through signing day. He is also one of the candidates for the permanent HC gig.

Larry, can you add any thoughts this crapstorm of confusion with the OC vacancy?

what I understand is DeBord is it unless one of these other interviews says all the right things to Butch to over come Debord. Would be hard sell. DeBord is a hit with staff and players he engaged while in town.

Seems to me it would take quite a lot to over take him

what I understand is DeBord is it unless one of these other interviews says all the right things to Butch to over come Debord. Would be hard sell. DeBord is a hit with staff and players he engaged while in town.

Seems to me it would take quite a lot to over take him

Love it! Can't wait for the meltdown. At least VN FF will be entertaining for the next couple of weeks.

VN Store

Back