Congratulations to Duke Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski

TrueOrange

On his 1,000th win. He's the first Division I men's college basketball coach to reach 1,000 victories.

Duke beat Saint John's 77-68 this afternoon.

His overall record as a head coach is now 1000–308.

Reactions: 3 people
Wooden is better,look at all the Championships.

You are a window shopper. Gilbert's checkbook was responsible for those championships moreso than wooden. Look at the entire scope of his career and put the pieces together. Coach K is a better coach by far IMO.

Reactions: 6 people
You are a window shopper. Gilbert's checkbook was responsible for those championships moreso than wooden. Look at the entire scope of his career and put the pieces together. Coach K is a better coach by far IMO.

Never thought I'd agree with a Kentucky fan about anything, especially concerning the merits of a Duke head coach.

Completely different era. Wooden isn't winning 10 titles in the era Coach K coached in.

While I agree with your general sentiment regarding K over Wooden, to be fair, coaches aren't winning 1000 games in the era Wooden coached in. They didn't play nearly as many games back then.

While I agree with your general sentiment regarding K over Wooden, to be fair, coaches aren't winning 1000 games in the era Wooden coached in. They didn't play nearly as many games back then.

Which is part of the reason why Wooden won so many titles. Imagine how many more titles K or Dean would have if they only had to win 4 games in the tournament. I think K should have 6 titles right now, maybe 7.

Which is part of the reason why Wooden won so many titles. Imagine how many more titles K or Dean would have if they only had to win 4 games in the tournament. I think K should have 6 titles right now, maybe 7.

Dean would have 8.

Reactions: 1 person

Pure class and spot on evaluation about Duke by a Kentucky fan. Until they find more than minor infractions against K, Wooden doesn't hold a candle to Coach K.

The K vs Knight debate is a good one. And to be fair, while Coach K would say Knight, Coach Knight would argue it's Coach K.

Pure class and spot on evaluation about Duke by a Kentucky fan. Until they find more than minor infractions against K, Wooden doesn't hold a candle to Coach K.

The K vs Knight debate is a good one. And to be fair, while Coach K would say Knight, Coach Knight would argue it's Coach K.

TY. It's my opinion they are interchangeable at 1/2. However, I believe K gets the nod if nothing else for his ability/willingness to adapt. Knight had more years in him to rack up wins, but just couldn't make the switch to adapt to players. K is obviously you get than knight, but has still had to adapt.

VN Store

Back