the end of the Alabama domination era is here

ChadFeldheimer

Anybody else get that feeling? As far as being the dominant force they have been the last 6 or so years, I think they're done with that. With all these decommits, losing to Ole Miss & Ohio State, offensive mastermind Lane Kiffin flirting with the NFL as well as other assist. coaches leaving, etc. etc. I'm not saying they are gonna all the sudden suck but to me it seems like they are starting to crumble.

They still bring in a ridiculous recruiting class. That won't change for a while. They will be a power for a long time but competetion against them should get better.

This place cracks me up. Last season, Bama's dynasty was over because Kiffin went to Bama. This year their dynasty is over because Kiffin may be leaving.

Reactions: 2 people
This place cracks me up. Last season, Bama's dynasty was over because Kiffin went to Bama. This year their dynasty is over because Kiffin may be leaving.

This.

I guess if we proclaim it over enough, evetually it has to come true.

I don't think their "dynasty" is over but It's possible that they have peaked and are on their way down. They appear more beatable than they were in the 2009-2012 range. Kiffin coming to Bama or leaving Bama is not a big factor either way, IMO.

I don't think their "dynasty" is over but It's possible that they have peaked and are on their way down. They appear more beatable than they were in the 2009-2012 range. Kiffin coming to Bama or leaving Bama is not a big factor either way, IMO.

How do they appear "more beatable" when they lost 2 games, one being in the playoffs to the evetual NC, and they still won the SEC?

i don't think they are any worse than they were before (noticeably). I think we (the rest of the FBS) have been staring at their 'perfection' long enough where we are being to see the flaws. even when they won BCS after BCS they only had one perfect season. Bama will be favored to reach the playoffs for as long as Saban is their HC.

I think as long as they're still reeling in #1 Recruiting Classes, it's absurd and idiotic to say their "dynasty" is over. Some years, they're going to have better personnel than others, but still. They're a powerhouse, and will be until Nick Saban retires or leaves. You don't pull in back to back to back to back....#1 recruiting classes and then suddenly become middle of the pack. That very fact is why we're so hopeful right now, because we're beginning to get those top 5 recruiting classes as well.

Honestly, jmo mind you, disregarding the team 200 miles to our west, the SEC seems to be pretty level. No one really stands out as head and shoulders above the rest right now. Not saying their dynasty is over but it is on the eve.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, jmo mind you, disregarding the team 200 miles to our west, the SEC seems to be pretty level. No one really stands out as head and shoulders above the rest right now. Not saying their dynasty is over but it is on the eve.

There's no way I'd say the SEC minus Vandy is pretty level. The West is still superior to the East.

West > East and it's not close. West is a tossup. East is a tossup between the top 3 or 4.

VN Store

Back