UF Football Building an IPF

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
Announced today on gatorzone.com.

Will be completed prior to the 2015 season.

2hf4awl.jpg

2133nmx.jpg

15hhe6q.jpg

Last edited:
That's just the rendering.

We'll probably put some racing stripes and rims on it...trick it out for the recruits.

Please have a big mural of this
Screen_Shot_2013-04-24_at_9.44.35_AM.png

On a serious note a completion date before this years season is cutting it close unless its just a huge prefab building.

Chris Low had tweeted the following:

One of the things made clear to Florida in this head coaching transition was that the Gators were behind much of the SEC in facilities.

Chris Low had tweeted the following:

One of the things made clear to Florida in this head coaching transition was that the Gators were behind much of the SEC in facilities.

Up until today's announcement UF was the only SEC school without an IPF or plans to build one.

It will be interesting to see if we meet the targeted completion date.

Up until today's announcement UF was the only SEC school without an IPF or plans to build one.

It will be interesting to see if we meet the targeted completion date.

Which makes no sense since we (the state) have the most dangerous weather pretty much in the country, especially in regards to lightning.

I want to make a snarky comment and say welcome to 2007, but seeing as how we haven't beaten the 'turds in like 87 years I'll just say.... grats on your large metal lightning attraction mechanism.

Reactions: 5 people
I want to make a snarky comment and say welcome to 2007, but seeing as how we haven't beaten the 'turds in like 87 years I'll just say.... grats on your large metal lightning attraction mechanism.

I really like the way you think

Which makes no sense since we (the state) have the most dangerous weather pretty much in the country, especially in regards to lightning.

It's never been a priority for Foley...until McElwain made it a condition of accepting the HC job.

Renovation to The Swamp's concourse and a complete overhaul of the O'Dome were front burner projects.

Announced today on gatorzone.com.

Will be completed prior to the 2015 season.

2hf4awl.jpg

2133nmx.jpg

15hhe6q.jpg

decent rendering, i could do better. is it just me or is it completely detached? seems like you would want it connected to something else, that would also make it less awkward, now it kinda looks like the big girl at the dance that no one wants to talk to.

Exactly. We're not practicing inside due to temperature, it's the extreme weather. I had plenty of HS football practices in the basketball gym in SoFL.

decent rendering, i could do better. is it just me or is it completely detached? seems like you would want it connected to something else, that would also make it less awkward, now it kinda looks like the big girl at the dance that no one wants to talk to.

It's detached. We're basically building a structure around one of the three existing practice fields.

m9r34n.jpg

Finally.

The complete gut of the Athletic dorms is what will get things really going.

If the hit that 80mil goal in fund raises a lot of things will get upgraded. Renovations on BHG, O'Dome, weightrooms and a new Nutrition and Wellness center are part of the plan.

I am not an engineer or in construction, but can that really be completed by the season?

I know it won't have many amenities because it is a field, but that seems rather quick, especially if they just announced it and haven't "broken ground."

I am not an engineer or in construction, but can that really be completed by the season?

I know it won't have many amenities because it is a field, but that seems rather quick, especially if they just announced it and haven't "broken ground."

If they are just covering something without a lot of ground/dirt work, its more like a Pole Barn construction, that shouldn't take too long.

VN Store

Back