Vandy Player Testifies in Rape Case

Nerwen Aldarion

Tennessee Girl
Ex-Vanderbilt football player testifies against former teammates in rape trial - ESPN

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An ex-Vanderbilt football player charged with rape testified against his former teammates Tuesday, telling jurors that one was "amped" when he got an unconscious coed in his dorm room.

Jaborian "Tip" McKenzie testified that Brandon Vandenburg passed out condoms, encouraging players to have sex with the woman who was lying on a floor.

"He was like amped, demanding," McKenzie told jurors of Vandenburg's demeanor. "He was hyper, like he was coaching us to do whatever."

McKenzie testified that Vandenburg even tried to wake up his roommate, who was sleeping on the top bunk in a dorm room, to participate.

The roommate never got up, but McKenzie testified how his two best friends violated the female student. He said the alleged attack ended with Cory Batey urinating on the woman.

Vandenburg and Batey are being tried for rape. McKenzie and Brandon Banks are also charged. All have pleaded not guilty.

McKenzie told jurors that he, Batey and Banks were the best of friends and that he barely knew Vandenburg. Their lives intersected in June 2013 outside a dorm when Vandenburg told other players that he needed help carrying his date, who had passed out.

McKenzie told jurors that he, Banks and Batey had been drinking in his dorm room earlier in the evening and continued to drink at another dorm.

McKenzie told jurors that he didn't touch the woman but took pictures of her. Prosecutors have said that players used their cellphones to take pictures and shoot video during the alleged attack. Jurors have seen sexually explicit still images and graphic videos that police have recovered off cellphones and a laptop. A police detective testified he was able to recover images and videos even though they had been deleted off three cellphones.

Under cross-examination, McKenzie was questioned about why he repeatedly changed his story to police. Defense attorneys have warned jurors that McKenzie and Banks are testifying with hopes of cutting a good deal.

One of Vandenburg's defense attorneys asked whether Vandenburg touched or had sex with the woman. McKenzie said Vandenburg had not.

He also testified that Batey and Vandenburg were the drunkest out of the four.

Disturbing. The last paragraph isn't good for the prosecution with respect to the rape charge.

I don't want to ever hear any Vanderbilt fan talk about how clean their program is. To read facts about this trial would make any normal human sick. Many players on this team knew about this while it was going on and they either participated or declined to stop it. Then more players and possibly coaches conspired to try and cover it up.

These animals should be put in prison for a long time for what they did to an unconscious woman.

Reactions: 8 people
If you want to follow the trial as it is happening, read or follow @NC5_ChrisConte, he is tweeting live during the trial.

I don't want to ever hear any Vanderbilt fan talk about how clean their program is. To read facts about this trial would make any normal human sick. Many players on this team knew about this while it was going on and they either participated or declined to stop it. Then more players and possibly coaches conspired to try and cover it up.

These animals should be put in prison for a long time for what they did to an unconscious woman.

Some folks should sent James Franklin messages about this on Twitter telling him what a Sh itehead he is about this.

Some folks should sent James Franklin messages about this on Twitter telling him what a Sh itehead he is about this.

I will withhold judgement on the staff until someone actually testifies that the coaches were informed. I know there were some early reports that perhaps they helped cover it up. My understanding is that this has not been substantiated. If I am wrong please provide me a link to review. As far as these f***ers go roast them.

I am no JF fan but accusing him of covering up a rape with NO PROOF other than he beat UT twice is reckless and uneducated.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been following this via newspaper reports and if I were sitting on the jury these guys are going to prison for a very long time.

The we were all drunk defense doesn't cut it.

I've been following this via newspaper reports and if I were sitting on the jury these guys are going to prison for a very long time.

The we were all drunk defense doesn't cut it.

I agree. I have never heard such a bs excuse. Your honor I am completely normal sober, but I have come to realize I get all rapey after polishing off a 12 pack. Might I propose AA as supposed to prison time. I am a good kid I swear!

Reactions: 1 person
N/A -- was trying to respond using html and it failed.

One of the mods showed me how to before but how do you cross words/letters out with html on this forum? I can't find where I was told. Thanks in advance for whoever reminds me :)

Last edited:

So... the Islamic culture?

Let's kill people because they're different.

Making it sound even more stupid...

Everyone else jumped off a bridge, so I did it too. They're the reason. They're the reason I'm dead. Kind of hard to speak up about jumping off a bridge when you're dead though. This dude is saying he was influenced to rape.... and not from birth, but after getting into Vandy. You have to be smart to get into Vandy, right? Dude thinks it's okay to rape if everyone else does it. That's pretty smart...

People have no accountability anymore. Worthless trash ruining the lives of others and then defending it. Defense lawyers makings tons of money are always the biggest pieces of s***. The ones who defend the innocent are good people for doing so. The ones who defend people for a paycheck should be stabbed with a burning pitchfork in their a-hole.

But yeah... while Vandy lords over us for their academic greatness, their only relevancy to being good in sports is because it's normal the rape people there. Wow... some sales pitch. "Willingly come to Vanderbilt. Cum in unwilling girls." The more you know. N B C

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back