lsu defensive hires

tennesseeduke

Kevin steel new lsu d coordinator and ed orgeron hired as dline coach.
Upgrade from chief & company?
I don't think so!

TENNESSEE DUKE

Reactions: 1 person
Love him or hate him, Ed O can coach and recruit with the best.

Love him or hate him, Ed O can coach and recruit with the best.

But is it within the rules...players who can make it in...and will stay?

I just ALWAYS hear this when I hear/see Coach O...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY[/youtube]

We are seeing the beginning of the decline in LSU. The torch is being passed from Miles, Saban, Spurrier and Richt to Bulleamia, Freeze, Jones, Malzan and Sumlin. (I would say Mullen but Miss State is gonna Miss State). Soon we will be perineal East Champions.

Prediction - Miles and LSU will part ways in 3-5 years with the NCAA breathing down Orgeron's neck.

Last edited:
While Steele & Ogeron are capable, I'd be worried if I were an LSU fan. Losing "Chief" was something they will regret later. On a similar note, it's quite interesting that Lance Thompson left Bama for Auburn. Guess the SEC is still squirming. :whistling:

Steel was garbage at Clemson. I believe it was West Virginia, could be wrong, that absolutely annihilated his defense in a bowl game, which ended up being his last game as the DC at Clemson. His defenses couldn't stop mobile QBs at Clemson. You notice the same trend at Bama? Their LBs couldn't run down my grandmother. Bama has lost to many quality assistant coaches over the last few years. Pruitt has been the biggest blow the last few years for them as their secondary is garbage. Bama has the most overrated CBs ever. I'd take Cam over any one on their roster, and it's loaded with 5 star players... Anyways, LSU will not like Steel if he's anything like he was at Clemson.

Last edited:
While Steele & Ogeron are capable, I'd be worried if I were an LSU fan. Losing "Chief" was something they will regret later. On a similar note, it's quite interesting that Lance Thompson left Bama for Auburn. Guess the SEC is still squirming. :whistling:

The Capstone Report called Thompson a "cancer" and Bama fans are all saying good riddance while
AU fans cheer the hire and laugh at the ridiculous spin the Bammers are trying to put on this hire. :rock:

The Capstone Report called Thompson a "cancer" and Bama fans are all saying good riddance while
AU fans cheer the hire and laugh at the ridiculous spin the Bammers are trying to put on this hire. :rock:

What an absolute cess pool Auburn is. Who would want to work for that POS Mahlzan?

What an absolute cess pool Auburn is. Who would want to work for that POS Mahlzan?

I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Auburn is a cess pool....Gus is a POS? LOL

Auburn is a 24/7/365 thorn in the side of our greatest rival. Whatever benefits Auburn to the dislike of the Bama
faithful is good for the SEC, and double good for UT.

Reactions: 5 people
What has he done? Barn has the very best coaching staff in college ball. They'll be top 5 again soon.

Ahh now come on cat, the best coaching staff in college football is in K-Town!!

I'm guessing you meant the 2nd best staff in college football.?.?.?.?

*edit*
No Blue font either!!

Steel was garbage at Clemson. I believe it was West Virginia, could be wrong, that absolutely annihilated his defense in a bowl game, which ended up being his last game as the DC at Clemson. His defenses couldn't stop mobile QBs at Clemson. You notice the same trend at Bama? Their LBs couldn't run down my grandmother. Bama has lost to many quality assistant coaches over the last few years. Pruit has been the biggest blow the last few years for them as their secondary is garbage. Bama has the most overrated CBs ever. I'd take Cam over any one on their roster, and it's loaded with 5 star players... Anyways, LSU will not like Steel if he's anything like he was at Clemson.

Ole Miss should fire their DC. TCU whipped their azz like WV did Clemson.

ED O is a homerun. Great recruiter and very good position coach.
He'll lockdown La and do work in Miss.

Pretty meh on Steele but he's a solod recruiter.

Grade: B+

Meanwhile, Bama fans will claim another national championship since they lost an assistant! I don't think Steele is a very good asst. jumps around too much & never had a great year as far as I know. Orgeron is a duesche bag. I think LSWho is on the way down too. Miles' luck has run out.

ED O is a homerun. Great recruiter and very good position coach.
He'll lockdown La and do work in Miss.

Pretty meh on Steele but he's a solod recruiter.

Grade: B+

That is basically my take, we'll see how it plays out. Not sure LSU had better real options at the moment with everyone thinking they are either getting NFL or HC jobs.

LSU has only lost 3 early to the draft this year, all on D, but I still think it can be a top D.

Hailey's role has been reduced, so wondering if TAM will pay the $100,000 to get him.

Ed O will do what he always does: recruits well.

I give Steele two years. He simply isn't cut out to be anything more than a position coach.

We are seeing the beginning of the decline in LSU. The torch is being passed from Miles, Saban, Spurrier and Richt to Bulleamia, Freeze, Jones, Malzan and Sumlin. (I would say Mullen but Miss State is gonna Miss State). Soon we will be perineal East Champions.

Prediction - Miles and LSU will part ways in 3-5 years with the NCAA breathing down Orgeron's neck.

Ohio State won the championship. They beat Bammer. They deserve the title.

That being said, I'd still take Bammer at a neutral site over anyone in CFB, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ed O will do what he always does: recruits well.

I give Steele two years. He simply isn't cut out to be anything more than a position coach.

OT what the talk in Bama about Napier? Guys on TBB are saying he's out. Fl wanted him early on as WRC but word was he wouldnt make lateral move.

Tia

Last edited:
Ohio State didn't just almost or get lucky to beat Bama. They are a very good team that could have won by another score or two and then followed that up with a convincing beat down of Oregon. OSU will be very good team for at least the next 2 years. Meyer is a giant prick, but he's a helluva coach, the best one in CFB, IMO.

OT what the talk in Bama about Napier? Guys on TBB are saying his out. Fl wanted him early on as WRC but word was he wouldnt make lateral move.

Tia

Haven't heard that. Saban and Kiffin seem pretty good with the offensive staff, at least from what I gather.

VN Store

Back