Kevin Steele and Lance Thompson leaving bama

pondr

Selective Misanthrope
Looks Like Steele is going to be LSU's new DC...wasn't he an assistant at UT under Fulmer?

Lance also leaving bama (again)...announced as Auburn's new LB coach, a lateral move for him...

One can only hope this is the beginning of a long, slow decline for the gumps..

This is the second time Steele and Thompson left Saban's staff at the exact same time.

The last time it happened was January of 2009. So... Bama's gonna win three of the next four national championships.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the second time Steele and Thompson left Saban's staff at the exact same time.

The last time it happened was January of 2009. So... Bama's gonna win three of the next four national championships.

Actually, according to how Bama fans count NCs, you've won the last two

Reactions: 8 people
Tennessee fans running this kind of smack have absolutely no concept of irony.

That's rich, coming from a fanbase that spills their smack all over T-Shirts and hoodies and pays homage to mythical championships during pre-game hype to get the ignorant rednecks riled up.

I can't even name a championship outside of '51 and '98 without looking it up.

Reactions: 4 people

Look, I know you are likely Volnation's resident bama apologist, but that's just stupid...even for a bammer.

I swear to God, you guys must have some sort of predetermined set of boards you monitor in shifts in order to spin doctor anything negative that somehow escapes the bubbling cesspit of that ****e-hole program and sees the light of day.

Every time something remotely negative happens, you poor miserable bastards pop up on just about every board out there...desperate little boys who think if they scream loud enough, deny long enough, talk fast enough and hope hard enough that your beloved football program, the shining beacon of hope and pride in an otherwise backwards, ignorant, marginalized afterthought of a state will continue to give you just enough pride by association that you don't all kill yourselves out of sheer despair at the thought of how meaningless your lives would be without it.

I mean Jesus Christ, you're on a second page forum on a rival board, and you're up at midnight logged in and monitoring this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 30 people
Look, I know you are likely Volnation's resident bama apologist, but that's just stupid...even for a bammer.

I swear to God, you guys must have some sort of predetermined set of boards you monitor in shifts in order to spin doctor anything negative that somehow escapes the bubbling cesspit of that ****e-hole program and sees the light of day.

Every time something remotely negative happens, you poor miserable bastards pop up on just about every board out there...desperate little boys who think if they scream loud enough, deny long enough, talk fast enough and hope hard enough that your beloved football program, the shining beacon of hope and pride in an otherwise backwards, ignorant, marginalized afterthought of a state will continue to give you just enough pride by association that you don't all kill yourselves out of sheer despair at the thought of how meaningless your lives would be without it.

I mean Jesus Christ, you're on a second page forum on a rival board, and you're up at midnight logged in and monitoring this?

He posts here because:

A) Bama is a better program than Tennessee at the moment

and

B) There are a lot of easy targets on here that make him feel intellectually superior.

There's also a strong case to be made that he has some serious personal issues he needs to work out, because like you said, the fact that he sees it as his life's duty to defend a football program's honor on a rival fanbase's message board at all hours of the day and night is beyond sad.

Reactions: 7 people
I knew it was only a matter of time before Kiffin slowly started to destroy Bama's program from the inside out. Every program this man goes to dies a slow horrible death and then someone else has to clean up the mess. He wasn't even there a whole season before he was mocking Saban publicly. I can promise you it will only get worse from this point on. Do I care, no, because it's Bama. I care even less because Saban made a conscious decision to hire him.

He posts here because:

A) Bama is a better program than Tennessee at the moment

and

B) There are a lot of easy targets on here that make him feel intellectually superior.

There's also a strong case to be made that he has some serious personal issues he needs to work out, because like you said, the fact that he sees it as his life's duty to defend a football program's honor on a rival fanbase's message board at all hours of the day and night is beyond sad.

I'm amazed with how much of your second point exists on thos board.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Kiffin slowly started to destroy Bama's program from the inside out. Every program this man goes to dies a slow horrible death and then someone else has to clean up the mess. He wasn't even there a whole season before he was mocking Saban publicly. I can promise you it will only get worse from this point on. Do I care, no, because it's Bama. I care even less because Saban made a conscious decision to hire him.

Can you explain Kiffin's role the last time Steele and Thompson left within a few days of each other? I mean, other than the obvious fact that he hired Thompson at that point. But we should probably skip over that since it doesn't fit the narrative that no one wants to work with him.

Also, can you explain why it is that Kiffin's presence is running off assistants from the side of the ball that he doesn't coach, while everyone that actually works with him is staying?

I'd appreciate it if you could clarify what mostly sounds like the ramblings of a jilted lover.

Just saw this thread but reading it, to me, sounds like it was just an observation on them leaving at the same time. On sparky, it's no secret lance hates him. Probably nothing to do with either but why would you go to auburn when bama is your location. Not like salary is going to be better and they can't pay more under the table than bama. Plus jordan haire isn't neyland

Don't feed the trolls. By that I am speaking to Vol posters tossing Bamawriter softballs to tee off on.
There is enough to laugh at about Bama and even some points to be made about their coaching shuffles being underwhelming that we don't need to draw parralels where none exist.

The bigger chuckle for at Bama is the juggernaut Auburn is staffing up for. I'd take 3 years of no Bama national title.

Again, Lance despises Kiffin. He would take another job just so he wouldn't have to be around him.

tumblr_mswmbmQOfM1s8gws3o1_500.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Again, Lance despises Kiffin. He would take another job just so he wouldn't have to be around him.

Not disagreeing but Lance has left Bama for other reasons before. I am sure Saban is enough reason to leave in his own right.

How much$?

Look, I know you are likely Volnation's resident bama apologist, but that's just stupid...even for a bammer...

...I mean Jesus Christ, you're on a second page forum on a rival board, and you're up at midnight logged in and monitoring this?

Buddah+Rustle.jpg

That's rich, coming from a fanbase that spills their smack all over T-Shirts and hoodies and pays homage to mythical championships during pre-game hype to get the ignorant rednecks riled up.

I can't even name a championship outside of '51 and '98 without looking it up.

I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name to buckeyewriter.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm surprised he hasn't changed his name to buckeyewriter.

He should keep it simple and just change it to "loser," although that might really make other losers very angry to be associated with him.

VN Store

Back