Meyer or Saban?

volberry

All this talk on the sec network is exhausting. Who is the best? What do you guys think? Is it nicky or cum? I despise both.

My only knock against urban is that he left to go to an easier conference.

Saban did too, left the SEC for the NFL...

Joking aside, i think Saban is the better recruiter and Meyer is the better X's and O's guy. I don't know if there really is a definitive answer.

Both great coaches. I would probably take Meyer over Saban simply for the fact that Meyer is 50, and Saban is 63.

I want to be the first to say neither. I want Butch Jones and the best coaching staff ever assembled! BOOM.

Reactions: 1 person
Saban builds and sustains a dominant program better than any college coach in history. Discipline and control of the players is a train wreck under Urban in the long run. He brings in great athletes with no regard for character which was his downfall at fla. Once it starts imploding on him he starts looking elsewhere. The jury is still out on whether or not he will sustain Ohio State's dominance or fake a health injury to leave the asylum, so my choice of the two would definitely go to Saban without question.

Saban builds and sustains a dominant program better than any college coach in history. Discipline and control of the players is a train wreck under Urban in the long run. He brings in great athletes with no regard for character which was his downfall at fla. Once it starts imploding on him he starts looking elsewhere. The jury is still out on whether or not he will sustain Ohio State's dominance or fake a health injury to leave the asylum, so my choice of the two would definitely go to Saban without question.

Bud Wilkinson and Bear Bryant both think your first sentence is garbage.

As for the rest of your post, you do realize Urban Meyer elevated Bowling Green's program and had Utah in the national title conversation in 2004.

Last edited:
Bud Wilkinson and Bear Bryant both think your first sentence is garbage.

Simply put, Nick Saban better collapse soon. I can't stand the thought of him overtaking The Bear in any way.

Also, there is a certain FL Coach from the 90s...along with a UT coach. And Dooley's dad...and a guy who has a massive stadium named after him in Knoxvile...

Simply put, Nick Saban better collapse soon. I can't stand the thought of him overtaking The Bear in any way.

Also, there is a certain FL Coach from the 90s...along with a UT coach. And Dooley's dad...and a guy who has a massive stadium named after him in Knoxvile...

Saban trumps Spurrier, Fulmer and Vince Dooley by virtue of winning more national titles than those three combined.

But roddo's post about Saban being the best of all-time at sustaining an elite program might be one his less intelligent posts, which is saying something. :)

VN Store

Back