Kirby Smart To LSU? Nope, Kevin Steele

VolnJC

LSU: LSU has contacted Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and former Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Mel Tucker about their defensive coordinator job, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate

Reactions: 1 person
Working for Saban is tough..Saban practically told Nussmeier to look for another job

Kirby's "put up with it" for +/- 10 years couldn't imagine he wouldn't stick it out for a few more and potentially take over. Unless, the speculation of Les stepping down in a year or 2 is true and his path to a HC job is quicker at LSU.

Kirby's "put up with it" for +/- 10 years couldn't imagine he wouldn't stick it out for a few more and potentially take over. Unless, the speculation of Les stepping down in a year or 2 is true and his path to a HC job is quicker at LSU.

Muschamp screwed up by leaving Texas didnt he ?

Nope, Kevin Steele

could be a good hire but seems like a risky one
LSU: Alabama linebackers coach / special assistant to the head coach Kevin Steele has been named defensive coordinator at LSU. The news was first reported by 247Sports. Steele served as Clemson’s defensive coordinator from 2009-11 and Baylor’s head coach from 1999-2002. Other stops in his career include Florida State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and the Carolina Panthers. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Steele is a solid position coach, and a very good recruiter. But his history of calling plays has been pretty craptacular. This is a major downgrade for LSU.

kevgreen_121398ap-1.jpg

One of these guys is a 5 X Pro Bowler and 3 X First Team All Pro, the other is Kevin Steele. Don't get "choked" up figuring out who is whom...bwaaahahahah.

could be a good hire but seems like a risky one
LSU: Alabama linebackers coach / special assistant to the head coach Kevin Steele has been named defensive coordinator at LSU. The news was first reported by 247Sports. Steele served as Clemson’s defensive coordinator from 2009-11 and Baylor’s head coach from 1999-2002. Other stops in his career include Florida State, Nebraska, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and the Carolina Panthers. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Someone tell Kev that WVU just scored again

wvubillboard-1.jpg

The decline is real in Baton Rouge. Les has 2 more seasons before getting canned.

Well, I think LSU needs to start preparing for life without Les whether that is 2 or 7 years from now i.e. Jimbo take over at FSU scenario. With that said, maybe just a little premature to say "decline". I would probably argue that quite a few losses could possibly be the result of losing basically their whole eligible senior class to the NFL early year after year.

With that said, that doesn't mean I haven't been disappointed in specific games at times, but overall not sure many coaches could have done what LSU has done with all the early draftees, its not really an apples to apples situation.

As far as Steele, I would say the hire is okay, but with the addition of Orgeron on paper it looks very good, we'll see how it works out.

What will help LSU more than a great DC next year is vastly improved QB play i.e. hopefully Harris takes over.

Nice pick up for LSU in Steele and Coach O....I don't see Bama getting players out of Louisiana anymore

VN Store

Back