Chaney to Pitt

volfanCLT

Well-Hung Member
Leaving Arkansas and heading to Pitt as OC under Narduzzi

Last edited:
Good hire.

Is this not a step down?
It will be easier to win in the ACC.

Only thing I can think of is Narduzi has promised him full reins of the Offense, which he clearly doesn't have with the Hogs.

Reactions: 1 person
two different offensive philosophies between Chaney and Bielema or it could just be that he wanted a change in scenery

Hopefully they'll be struggling for an offensive identity when they come to Knoxville.

Reactions: 11 people
Arkansas just lost Jim Chaney who left to take same job at Pittsburgh Panthers. So when Arky comes to Knoxville they will be without Randy Shannon and Jim Chaney. I am glad Chaney left Arkansas. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Went to some Hogs boards. Most posters seemed very indifferent about the change. They weren't happy or mad about it.

They WERE however very worried that Pittman would be leaving as well. My take is that the Arky fans are nuts about Pittman and absolutely love him.

And speaking of nuts....Saw a thread on there that said "Bring Houston Nutt back as OC". Made me giggle and think of Volnation.

Reactions: 4 people
not really Bielema gave raises to most of his assistances, Chaney and randy Shannon, didn't get raises so the writing was on the wall

I would say that CBB was well aware of the fact that they were looking to move and pulled one of his doucher/teenage girl fits by not giving them a raise imho. He is a petulant meat head that looks like Chet off of Wierd Science.

Reactions: 1 person
It may not hurt Arkansas much but it can only help us as Bielema's offense isn't changing anyway and it's short trip to NSD.

I do wish Chaney the best. He stuck with us through some major crap and gave us some of our best offenses statistically in a long time.

Reactions: 4 people
He might as well hire himself as OC, there are very few power running game coordinators to choose from

I would love to have Michigan State's OC but I don't know how realistic that is.

Bielema and Chaney's philosophies just never meshed together well. I think he could be solid at a more pass happy school though. As long as he doesn't run many more double reverses inside the 5 yard line lol.

It wasn't all his fault though, Petrino didn't exactly leave him with Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers at WR. Not much to work with.

VN Store

Back