Kenny Trill is gone.

TCU isn't a bad place at all to transfer to. Hill can still end up being a very good qb. I thought he done a good job this year. It was his first year starting so of course there was going to be ups and downs.

Reactions: 2 people
His overall numbers were pretty impressive. The defense didn't do him any favors.

Note to Kevin Sumlin: A gimmick QB only gets you so far, sooner or later you actually have to have an offense that runs plays.

That's pretty crazy. Starts his season breaking Manziel's record and he's the talk of college football, and 4 months later he's gone because he lost his job.

I don't think I've ever hated any nickname more than Kenny "Trill"

Trill Bill
Trillbit Taylor
Trillcycle
Triller Park
Slumdog Trillionaire
Triller
Trilli

That was trillable. Anyways... he's probably as dislikable as Johnny Butthole. I saw that like Manziel, he trademarked some phrase with his nickname in it. For me, that totally kills the spirit of college football and once that happens, I stop rooting for them. I had liked Manziel til his family did that. He spiraled out of control from there. Another Justin B-bear.

Note to Kevin Sumlin: A gimmick QB only gets you so far, sooner or later you actually have to have an offense that runs plays.

lol wut?

You make it sound like Sumlin calls for double passes and reverses on every play.

Sumlin is a great developer of QB talent dating back to his days at UHouston...to the point where a former starter can transfer and there's no drop off at the QB position.

59 point loss against Alabama says there was a significant drop off, the 500 plus offensive game at USCjr....I am not taking a shot at Sumlin, maybe the quarterback play will evolve under Coach Sumlin's proxy, maybe the drop off was due to freshmen play, Time will tell

59 point loss against Alabama says there was a significant drop off, the 500 plus offensive game at USCjr....I am not taking a shot at Sumlin, maybe the quarterback play will evolve under Coach Sumlin's proxy, maybe the drop off was due to freshmen play, Time will tell

Bama scored 59 points off pick-6s? :)

His overall numbers were pretty impressive. The defense didn't do him any favors.

They are when you consider he slaughtered a very bad USC defense, beat up on 3 nobodies and then did well against Arkansas.

After that? The novelty wore off. The coaches were probably tired of his "Kenny Trill" crap off the field when combined with a quickly declining performance on the field once A&M got gut-checked by teams that weren't Rice, Lamar and SMU.

Basically, Kenny Hill is the QB version of Myles Garrett but with an arrogant attitude. He made his living by beating up on poor competition.

Nobody here sang Tyler Bray's praises when he beat up on Troy, Akron and Georgia State. Nor should they. Because he sucked against Georgia, Bama and Florida.

I am of the opinion Hill's benching was due to off the field issues. Kyle Allen, a true freshman, showed enough to prove he'll be able to handle the A&M offense next year.

I wish Hill the best of luck at TCU. It's a great move for him. Hopefully he'll mature...plus he's close to home (about 30 minutes from Ft. Worth).

Funny that people think Sumlin's offense is tricked up. Oregon snaps the ball, on average, every 12 seconds.

Give him a year to learn TCUs offense, plus being mentored by Boykin? Hill is going to flourish in this offense. Good place for him.

VN Store

Back