Is Derek Dooley going to Florida?

Unless Coach McElwain has noticed a problem with shower discipline, a lack of dumbassery, and he has a desire to have a butthead on the sideline.

Reactions: 7 people
Would DD make recruits think he knows how to get them into the NFL?

Seems like another recruiting hire. Which I'm ok with.

Reactions: 2 people
A good SEC program has OC's and DC's leaving to become head coaches of other universities. At UT we have head coaches (Kiffin, Dooley) leaving to become coordinators or position coaches at other universities.

Just shows how upside down we've been.

Reactions: 8 people

If you think Doofey is a good recruiter then you weren't following Tennessee football while he was here...and recruits would think he can get them to the NFL because he coached Dez Bryant once he was already there? :eek:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
A good SEC program has OC's and DC's leaving to become head coaches of other universities. At UT we have head coaches (Kiffin, Dooley) leaving to become coordinators or position coaches at other universities.

Just shows how upside down we've been.

What are you talking about? Dooley was fired and Kiffin left to become the head coach at USC.

Also, we did have an OC leave to become a head coach at another university (David Cutcliffe Duke in '08).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't think you can deny that he has a knack dr producing receivers at the collegiate level. Justin Hunter and David Ricky were talented coming in but needed work. CP was a natural freak so I'll attribute that to recruiting

I think 99% of the people on here would argue against him being a good recruiter.

I think he is good at identifying and developing WR talent though,which has been a HUGE problem at UF going back to Meyers last year

VN Store

Back