Gators next year and forward

mitzustu

Resident Gator breakdowns welcome.

UF currently has 8 commits with 28 days until signing day. Is this going to change drastically? In addition to outgoing seniors, early departures, transfers, and kicking people off the team it seems like the roster may have some front end talent, but will lack some serious depth.

There's one 4 star in the class and generally late commits garnered by a new coach to fill a class don't turn out great.

UF fans do you agree? Is this the orange glasses point of view?

Would be smart to sign a small class this year if they can afford it. With 3 of the top 5 prospects still a possibility (as far as I know), they could still end up with a decent class.

But this is looking more and more like a total rebuild job, IMO.

I wish I could say its just a matter of better coaching of the great albeit mismanaged talent we have. But its more the complete rebuild scenario, at least on offense.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish I could say its just a matter of better coaching of the great albeit mismanaged talent we have. But its more the complete rebuild scenario, at least on offense.

Honest assessment: Based on this year's recruiting class and the players you return, as well the transition to new schemes, do you think you guys will make it 11 in a row in 2015?

I'm inclined to believe there's simply no way you guys beat us this year and that we will actually be more talented or at least even, but I think you could suit up FIU's players in UF uniforms and UT would find a way to lose.

I saw today that they have 27 open scholarships for this year, which will drastically hurt their depth of they can't sign atleast 17-20 minimal this year

Honest assessment: Based on this year's recruiting class and the players you return, as well the transition to new schemes, do you think you guys will make it 11 in a row in 2015?

I'm inclined to believe there's simply no way you guys beat us this year and that we will actually be more talented or at least even, but I think you could suit up FIU's players in UF uniforms and UT would find a way to lose.

I think that happened this year.

Reactions: 2 people

I really thought you would beat us this past year.

As to 2015, the two things we have going for us are that we will still have a very good defense and the game is at UF. We have decent running backs. Harris will have more experience, just no one to throw it to and no oline to give him time to throw even if he did have a target.

UT should be better in all phases.

Right now, its a game where I think UT will have the better team, top to bottom, but there are enough points for UF to rely on that its likely to be a very close game. That's what I think now, many months before the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has more early entrees (10) than Florida currently has commits (8) unless they have some silents...wow.

I really thought you would beat us this past year.

As to 2015, the two things we have going for us are that we will still have a very good defense and the game is at UF. We have decent running backs. Harris will have more experience, just no one to throw it to and no oline to give him time to throw even if he did have a target.

UT should be better in all phases.

Right now, its a game where I think UT will have the better team, top to bottom, but there are enough points for UF to rely on that its likely to be a very close game. That's what I think now, many months before the game.

Summed up as:

"You gonna whip our azz."

Tennessee has more early entrees (10) than Florida currently has commits (8) unless they have some silents...wow.

They still lead for Cowart, Ivey, and Jefferson. Three 5*s.

Plus, Florida still has as many uncommitted 4*s as there are in the entire state of TN.

I still see a top 20, maybe even top 15 finish for them on NSD.

Florida's recruiting class will be OK. There are some headliners that they should land.

The thing is that they have some positions of need that they need to fill and don't know how many they will sign at those positions.

I think the defense is talented, although thin at linebacker. They have a lot of corners that can play.

With the offense, I have no idea. Is the talent that bad or the coaching that incompetent. I think it's some of both. They have to find a QB.

As for the Florida-Tennessee matchup, I'll believe Tennessee wins when I see it. Florida has been incompetence on parade for two consecutive seasons and got wins against Tennessee. Didn't even bother to play well in the games against Tennessee either. Tried their best to lose both games and couldn't

Last edited:
Florida's recruiting class will be OK. There are some headliners that they should land.

The thing is that they have some positions of need that they need to fill and don't know how many they will sign at those positions.

I think the defense is talented, although thin at linebacker. They have a lot of corners that can play.

With the offense, I have no idea. Is the talent that bad or the coaching that incompetent. I think it's some of both. They have to find a QB.

As for the Florida-Tennessee matchup, I'll believe Tennessee wins when I see it. Florida has been incompetence on parade for two consecutive seasons and got wins against Tennessee. Didn't even bother to play well in the games against Tennessee either. Tried their best to lose both games and couldn't

Is it too much to ask that they try a little harder?

Reactions: 2 people
One below average recruiting class isn't going to be the demise of the Florida program.

As much as I'd enjoy seeing the VOLS travel to the swamp and win by 21 and beat them into submission, I'm seeing it from a realist perspective due to our previous 10 outings against the Gators and UT's history against Florida @ Gainesville. Since both teams began annual play in '92, Tennessee has a total of 2 wins when playing at Florida, both in '01 and '03. Not to mention some of the losses at Florida have been blowouts ('95, '07 and '13).

Tennessee doesn't have history on it's side when playing in Gainesville.

One below average recruiting class isn't going to be the demise of the Florida program.

As much as I'd enjoy seeing the VOLS travel to the swamp and win by 21 and beat them into submission, I'm seeing it from a realist perspective due to our previous 10 outings against the Gators and UT's history against Florida @ Gainesville. Since both teams began annual play in '92, Tennessee has a total of 2 wins when playing at Florida, both in '01 and '03. Not to mention some of the losses at Florida have been blowouts ('95, '07 and '13).

Tennessee doesn't have history on it's side when playing in Gainesville.

It might be a return to Birmingham for Florida in 2015 when they possibly win 6 games again.

VN Store

Back