Harbaugh having issues recruiting his staff

McCat

Rent free in your head
Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow, who had not worked with Harbaugh before but is well-known for his work in Ohio, reportedly was offered a position last week. But late Sunday night, multiple reports indicated that he'll be staying in Lexington.
New Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh tried to lure away Marrow, the Wildcats' primary Ohio recruiter, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. Kentucky coach Mike Stoops spoke to Harbaugh directly, a source told the Courier-Journal, and found that Michigan's interest in Marrow "was legit." Kentucky's coach was "pretty concerned" he might lose Marrow and made keeping him a priority.

Reports: Vince Marrow, Shannon Turley turn down Jim Harbaugh, Michigan

Apparently, the Detroit Free Press thinks that Mike Stoops coaches at UK.

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky has done pretty good recruiting the past couple of years. I've not kept up, but my dad is pretty excited about this years class as well.

Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow, who had not worked with Harbaugh before but is well-known for his work in Ohio, reportedly was offered a position last week. But late Sunday night, multiple reports indicated that he'll be staying in Lexington.
New Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh tried to lure away Marrow, the Wildcats' primary Ohio recruiter, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. Kentucky coach Mike Stoops spoke to Harbaugh directly, a source told the Courier-Journal, and found that Michigan's interest in Marrow "was legit." Kentucky's coach was "pretty concerned" he might lose Marrow and made keeping him a priority.

so thats why kentucky gets so many ohio kids now with stoops there i never understood the connection

He also got turned down by Stanford DC

Stanford: Stanford defensive coordinator Lance Anderson has turned down an offer to join Jim Harbaugh’s staff at Michigan and will remain at Stanford, according to ESPN’s Ivan Maisel.

Michigan will be fine. Them and Ohio State will be dominant for years to come. Hope they bring Bama's success to am end

Maybe Harbaugh calls Derek Mason and Mason bolts. I would have to laugh.

Michigan will be fine. Them and Ohio State will be dominant for years to come. Hope they bring Bama's success to am end

Bama being good helps TN. Of course you would be against that.

/sarcasm

How is this possible? I thought he was the greatest CFB coach ever? How could a CFB coach who is this great have any trouble?

so thats why kentucky gets so many ohio kids now with stoops there i never understood the connection

And Stoops is from Youngstown also. big keep for the Cats and a very positive sign that UK is committed to keeping this staff together,

He also got turned down by Stanford DC

Stanford: Stanford defensive coordinator Lance Anderson has turned down an offer to join Jim Harbaugh’s staff at Michigan and will remain at Stanford, according to ESPN’s Ivan Maisel.

Hmmm... Nor Cal winters or Michigan winters... I know what I'd choose.

Im sure he will do well, but I dont think its going to be as quick as everyone keeps saying. Michigan nor the surrounding states have great talent, he has to go down to OSU and battle Urban.
UT was in the same boat Michigan was in for years, but the growth of the midstate and no natural in state rival has made it a bit easier.

Did they turn him down like Cut and Butch turned down the Michigan job before they hired Harbaugh?

I mean, their state also borders Ohio, so they're about the only SEC school that can use a location pitch with kids from that state.

Seems like, with OH's population, it would be a good idea for them to target there to try to improve/have any higher level of success with their own program.

VN Store

Back