Miami signing a deal with Adidas?

Hendersonville - is Under Armor still a possibility for Miami? Never thought I would see Notre Dame wear Under Armor. Adidas lost two big names in UT and ND.

If Miami is making the switch, Under Armour is a wise choice. It's becoming more and more popular and its brand and stock is booming.

I almost would rather have UT with Under Armour than Nike.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If Miami is making the switch, Under Armour is a wisecchoice. It's becoming more and more popular and its brand and stock is booming.

I almost would rather have UT with Under Armour than Nike.

I'm sure UTs players feel differently and that's all that matters.

I'm sure UTs players feel differently and that's all that matters.

True, Nike is still the dominant brand amongst 16-22 year olds, but I see a lot of 8-12 year olds that are just as in to Under Armour as Nike. When I was in my preteen years, Nike was the only brand. But I believe that in ten years, it won't be just Nike mentioned. Under Armour is closing the gap and they probably will have that gap closed in about a decade.

It's a company in rapid growth right now.

Last edited:
Everyone I know is buying Under Armour. Every hunter I know owns several sets of Under Armour.

Surprising since the U was the first school ever to sign an all sports deal with Nike.

Well now they can have jersies that won't cover their shoulders. So ready for Nike.

Last edited:
Adidas also managed to pull in Arizona State. 8 years, 33 million, IIRC

Then what's it about?

Nike produces some crap quality stuff on the consumer level.

I agree with the last sentence. That's why I made my statement from a fan's point of view. Under Armour produces the best apparel of the big 3 brands. Under Armour is way more innovative, especially in its ColdGear and HeatGear lines, which Nike is trailing. Nike is an extremely hyped and overrated brand.

Last edited:
I've hated UA for a long time. Every piece of white trash in town wears UA. Go into any Walmart and the number one brand of clothing worn by its patrons, by far, is UA.

Having said that, UA kicks Nike's ass big time in golf wear. The clothes are so much more advanced it's unbelievable.

UA may pass Nike in the future. Adidas will always suck.

Reactions: 3 people
It's always fun to read "the experts" on here describe brand quality and then read actual experts break down brand quality and see how far apart they are.

I know from personal experience and many others experience, that Nike running shoes are terrible. They only lasted a couple months and made my feet hurt. Have asics now and have no problems

It's always fun to read "the experts" on here describe brand quality and then read actual experts break down brand quality and see how far apart they are.

And what do these actual experts say?

Some interesting facts:

Miami was the first school to sign a pioneering all-sports contract with Nike, which currently outfits 45 of the 65 schools in the Power 5 conferences. Adidas outfits 11 schools and Under Armour, eight. However, all those numbers will shift soon thanks to Miami's move.

According to the Arizona Republic, Arizona State’s eight-year deal with adidas is worth $33.8 million, an amount double to what the school received with Nike. It’s one of the top 10 deals nationally, per data compiled by the Portland Business Journal. Louisville’s extension, meanwhile, was a five-year deal worth $39 million according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

According to the newspaper, adidas’ $7.8 million-per-year contract with the Cardinals ranks just behind Michigan’s $8.2 million-per-year with adidas.

And what do these actual experts say?

That there's very little, if any difference. Especially in apparel.

Shoes are person specific. So many people just think "These Nikes are uncomfortable, all Nikes suck." Nevermind that those Nikes weren't built for their feet, or in a lot of instances, what they are even using them for. There are several different pair of Adidas cleats that get fantastic reviews, the famed Nike Vapors are only marginally better and don't fit a number of players properly. UA did make extremely crappy footwear when they first came out, but they've reengineered the whole process and are equals in the department as well.

I am currently running around 20-25 miles per week. I have four different shoes that I run in. A pair of Brooks PureCadences IVs, Newton Motion IIIs, a pair of Mizuno Sayanora IIs and an older pair of the PureCadences that I use to run on the beach. I could buy a different model of any of those brands and they fit me like crap. To further explain how specific models are made for specific feet, I was using this fancy lacing system for the Mizunos and hated them. Switched back to regular laces and now the Mizunos are my favorite pair for speed work.

What it basically boils down to is what you like and what you feel comfortable with. I don't like the way UA cuts their apparel. Their wicking fabrics though work just as well as Nike or Adidas.

That there's very little, if any difference. Especially in apparel.

Shoes are person specific. So many people just think "These Nikes are uncomfortable, all Nikes suck." Nevermind that those Nikes weren't built for their feet, or in a lot of instances, what they are even using them for. There are several different pair of Adidas cleats that get fantastic reviews, the famed Nike Vapors are only marginally better and don't fit a number of players properly. UA did make extremely crappy footwear when they first came out, but they've reengineered the whole process and are equals in the department as well.

I am currently running around 20-25 miles per week. I have four different shoes that I run in. A pair of Brooks PureCadences IVs, Newton Motion IIIs, a pair of Mizuno Sayanora IIs and an older pair of the PureCadences that I use to run on the beach. I could buy a different model of any of those brands and they fit me like crap. To further explain how specific models are made for specific feet, I was using this fancy lacing system for the Mizunos and hated them. Switched back to regular laces and now the Mizunos are my favorite pair for speed work.

What it basically boils down to is what you like and what you feel comfortable with. I don't like the way UA cuts their apparel. Their wicking fabrics though work just as well as Nike or Adidas.

How about durability? When I think of Nike I think k of falling apart at the seams.

FTR I make no claim at expert status.

VN Store

Back