Here's the Athlon 2015 Preseason top 25

Bama loses too many players on offense to be #2. They return only 4 from that side of the ball.

Reactions: 2 people
MSU at #12 is a joke as well. They return only 7 starters. They will be lucky to make a bowl.

Reactions: 3 people
MSU at #12 is a joke as well. They return only 7 starters. They will be lucky to make a bowl.

Maybe. They should at least get 5 wins, though, with their schedule:

at Southern Miss
LSU
Northwestern State
at Auburn
at A&M
Troy
Louisiana Tech
Kentucky
BYE
at Missouri
Alabama
at Arkansas
Ole Miss

So they should at least get 5, worst case. I guess it depends on how well LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and Missouri come out next year as far as whether or not the make a bowl game.

But yeah, #12 is likely too high for them on a preseason rankings.

-------------------
(Original message about Michigan State:

I think their schedule sets up easily enough that they should at least make a bowl game:

at Western Michigan
Oregon
Air Force
Central Michigan
Purdue
at Rutgers
at Michigan
Indiana
BYE
at Nebraska
Maryland
at Ohio State
Penn State

Unless one of the bad Big 10 teams makes a miraculous turnaround next year, Michigan State should win at the very least 7-8 games (and that would even be with giving Michigan an immediate turnaround in their first season with Harbaugh,which they could but more than likely wouldn't, and with expecting Nebraska to be better, which they might not in the first year of a new HC).)

Last edited:
I think their schedule sets up easily enough that they should at least make a bowl game:

at Western Michigan
Oregon
Air Force
Central Michigan
Purdue
at Rutgers
at Michigan
Indiana
BYE
at Nebraska
Maryland
at Ohio State
Penn State

Unless one of the bad Big 10 teams makes a miraculous turnaround next year, Michigan State should win at the very least 7-8 games (and that would even be with giving Michigan an immediate turnaround in their first season with Harbaugh,which they could but more than likely wouldn't, and with expecting Nebraska to be better, which they might not in the first year of a new HC).

But no, they probably shouldn't be up at #12.

Wrong MSU...

Miss State a top 15 team???

The have no defense, I don't see anything for them except a last place finish in the West, they will be lucky to make a bowl game!!

I think 11 is too high for Georgia. I think with their losses they should be #15-#25

Florida or Arkansas have done very little to prove they are a top 25 football team.

Huh? They drubbed Ole Miss, beat LSU, and hung with Bama and UGA. They beat Texas in a bowl game. They looked better than us to be honest. How do you figure? Do they not have a lot of returners?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back