Richt Getting Extension

We have beaten him 4 times in 13 years. But yeah it's great that he got an extension.

So averaging about 9-10 wins a season, going to a bowl game every season and goin 9-5 in bowl games is underachieving? If that's the case then I hope Butch severely overachieves.

Reactions: 5 people
We have beaten him 4 times in 13 years. But yeah it's great that he got an extension.

So averaging about 9-10 wins a season, going to a bowl game every season and goin 9-5 in bowl games is underachieving? If that's the case then I hope Butch severely overachieves.

He does under achieve. Missouri won the East the past two years. It should have been Richt's both years.

Reactions: 3 people

With the talent the state of GA produces and no NC? Yes he has underachied!

Reactions: 2 people

Umm...since 2007, he's had 8 5* players and 82 4* players.

We've done comparably well when you look at the numbers, except for this fact.

Between 2007 and 2014, UT has signed 10 5* players
The only one to finish all 4 years at UT? Ben Martin. And he was plagued by injuries most of the time. Even Eric Berry left after 3 years. Bryce Brown, Janzen Jackson, Chris Donald, Kenny O'Neal, well...you know.

3 of 10 5* players finished all 4 years at UT or have potential to (Ben Martin, Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone)

Between 2007 and 2014, UT has signed 82 4* players (According to Rivals). Only 40 of those 82 completed all four years or have the potential to complete all four years at UT. I don't count those who left after 3 years for the draft, as that was a year that was left that UT could have benefited from their skills. And 11 of those 40 are from 2014's class. Take them out, you have 29 of 66 from 2007-2013.

So....I don't know Georgia's numbers....but I HIGHLY doubt they have not suffered attrition like we have in that way. Therefore, Richt should be doing a LOT better than he has.

If you coach Georgia for that long and you can't even get a sniff of a NC, yes, that's under achieving. Stupid amount of talent in that state, the SEC east is terrible, and Missouri is better? He's an under achiever.

If you coach Georgia for that long and you can't even get a sniff of a NC, yes, that's under achieving. Stupid amount of talent in that state, the SEC east is terrible, and Missouri is better? He's an under achiever.

PLUS....

As good as UT has been in the past, having players like Patterson, Bray, Hunter, Rogers...

He's had Matthew Stafford, Aaron Murray, Todd Gurley, Isaiah Crowell, Knowshon Moreno, Mohammud Massaquoi, A.J. Green, Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, John Jenkins, Shawn Williams, Cordy Glenn...

42 players drafted since 2007.

Alabama has had 44 since that time...

We've had 26 since that time.

So....yeah. Underachiever. Majorly.

PLUS....

As good as UT has been in the past, having players like Patterson, Bray, Hunter, Rogers...

He's had Matthew Stafford, Aaron Murray, Todd Gurley, Isaiah Crowell, Knowshon Moreno, Mohammud Massaquoi, A.J. Green, Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, John Jenkins, Shawn Williams, Cordy Glenn...

42 players drafted since 2007.

Alabama has had 44 since that time...

We've had 26 since that time.

So....yeah. Underachiever. Majorly.

So? He is still successful.

so you're one of those as long as we make a bowl game, we're successful guys huh?

Has he underachieved? Yes. Can you honestly say winning 9-10 games, going to a bowl every year, getting great recruiting classes and constantly being in contention for the East NOT successful?

I hate Georgia but Richt has had success. Also, considering what we have had to deal with since 2008, yes I consider a bowl win as a success. Don't you?

Has he underachieved? Yes. Can you honestly say winning 9-10 games, going to a bowl every year, getting great recruiting classes and constantly being in contention for the East NOT successful?

I hate Georgia but Richt has had success. Also, considering what we have had to deal with since 2008, yes I consider a bowl win as a success. Don't you?

So you're fine with never ever contending? No matter how much you should be contending?

Richt has won the exact same number of Titles that Butch has.

Richt = Butch for now.

You're either first or last.

Pinkle has the same number of titles as richt does too. Does that mean he is not a success?

You can't really be trying to play the expectations of Mizzou and UGA as equal can you?

If Butch goes a decade without an SEC title and no NC appearances, are you happy?

The point of ANY program is not relevance, the point of a program is continuing to get better and reach new levels of success.

If I'm a team like Vandy, what's my goal? To beat a team I shouldn't beat. Because that's getting better.

If I'm a team like Tennessee, what's my goal? To win the SEC East. Because that's getting better.

If I'm a team like Georgia, what's my goal? To win the SEC Championship. Because that's getting better.

If I'm a team like Alabama, what's my goal? To win the National Championship. Because that's getting better.

If I'm a team like Florida State, what's my goal? To win the National Championship again. Because that's getting better.

I mean, if you as a program are not aiming at getting to a National Championship, then what are you doing?

Tennessee is at a point where given its talent, and given its situation, a bowl game and a bowl win is a great goal. But next year, am I going to be satisfied with 6-6 and a bowl win? No. I want to build on that. I want 7-5 and a bowl win or 8-4 and a bowl win. Or I want a SEC East Championship. I don't expect an SEC Championship or a Playoff berth, but I want to get better.

Georgia has been loaded with more talent more consistently than any other school outside of Alabama and maybe LSU. It is in one of the best states for high school football talent. It has consistently brought in talented players, and yet, has done nothing more than an occasional SEC East championship, and a few SEC Championships, though its been a while. I mean, last year, Georgia had a Senior QB who was one of the best that's ever played there in Aaron Murray. They had Todd Gurley who had he stayed healthy this year and stayed away from Sharpies was a likely Heisman contender and possible winner. They've had fantastic NFL players and good defenses and offenses, and yet, they have not even sniffed a National Championship, and I'd personally bet the farm that they will never make the playoffs under Richt.

There's no progress. They've topped out. No matter how good they are slated to be, they've topped out. It is no different than Fulmer in the 2000's. Had some great years where the expectations were high, but topped out. Had the players. But just could not do it.

Georgia never scares me. Every year, I can see Alabama winning a championship, or Auburn, heck, I even thought that Ole Miss or Miss. State might make a run at it. But I never am worried that Georgia will make any noise. Sure, they beat us.

But they are simply topped out. He's had success in the sense of he has kept them nationally relevant, and has kept them from being an embarrassment. But nobody thinks UGA is ever a serious title contender. Not really.

so, what i have gotten from this thread is..in 2 years butch jones has no sec title.

he cant measure up to other coaches because he has no sec titles.

butch sucks because he has no sec titles.

#???

so, what i have gotten from this thread is..in 2 years butch jones has no sec title.

he cant measure up to other coaches because he has no sec titles.

butch sucks because he has no sec titles.

#???

Definitely not what I'm saying at all. Haven't said a word about Butch. But yeah, I'm sure that's what some idiots are saying.

I'm nearly positive that if Butch ever gets the talent that Richt has had, he'll do more than just win the East.

Definitely not what I'm saying at all. Haven't said a word about Butch. But yeah, I'm sure that's what some idiots are saying.

I'm nearly positive that if Butch ever gets the talent that Richt has had, he'll do more than just win the East.

I,m sorry im not calling anyone out. im just being dumb i promise.

Reactions: 1 person
So you're fine with never ever contending? No matter how much you should be contending?

He's contended. He had them a play away from the big game two years ago.

Problem is that he's had 2 or 3 clunkers in the past 6-7 years where he won 8ish with what turned out to be overrated teams die to defensive issues. I think as long as he keeps Jeremy Pruett around, he's going to have good teams.

VN Store

Back