Bammers: Excuses and Moral Victories

ImportedVoL

The Converted Yankee
So just being curious to see how bad the Bammers Meltdown was going. I went and checked a couple of their boards.

The jist of their posts were first the excuses.

They call they think should have been a safety.. where the refs called forward progress was stopped. They say he was running backwards so it was BS that they didn't give them the safety which would have deflated OSU confidence and changed the game..

At the end of the game. Refs were standing over the ball and letting clock time run out. which cost them time and forced the hail mary instead of having enough time for a couple more plays in which they would have at least tied it up if not won because no way OSU would have stopped Henry from running in a two point conversion.

There were a few more excuses going around but not as prevalent as these two..

And then the Moral victory that their team at least did not give up and kept fighting until the last second of the game.

This I find funny because many on here pick on anyone saying something good after a loss. Saying Moral victories are for vandy fans.

Guess even when you have the number 1 ranked team in the country and have been dominating the CFB landscape for the past decade.. after a loss all fans will try to find some type of moral victory.

It is not just for vandy fans.. or the sunshine pumpers... everyone does it.

And then of course they have their own Nega's... saying that the football they have known and loved is now dead, Saban is finished and will never win another NC, So they need to start looking at who the next best coach is going to be and figure out a way to get him to be a Bammer.

It is funny.. all fan base's are the same. No matter if they are on top of the heap or on the bottom. They all have sunshine pumpers.. they all have Negative posters..

In the end we are all just fans no matter which colors we wear and we all go through the same things no matter what our final records might be.

#GBO #WINOURBOWL

Reactions: 5 people
Didn't it look like OSU stripped Bama player on the last drive and recovered the fumble only to have the refs spot the ball as a completion?

They should be looking for a new OC...Kiffen should have kept running the ball, interceptions and the passing game cost them the game

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't it look like OSU stripped Bama player on the last drive and recovered the fumble only to have the refs spot the ball as a completion?

I agree with this.

Agree.. It looked that way to me, and then I did not see a slowmo replay like they usually do after a play like that. I could have just missed it, but it seemed like they were avoiding doing one to me.

When the opponents QB, runs the ball up the gut 5 or 6 times for >10 yards, puts a shoulder into a safety and a couple of others and drags all of them for additional yards and you lose ... you say something classy like they were the better team tonight and deserved the win ... not we got a bad call on a safety ...childish

Reactions: 3 people
They should be looking for a new OC...Kiffen should have kept running the ball, interceptions and the passing game cost them the game

I agree with this... you have a RB who is averaging 8 million YPC.. and then you pass pass pass punt...

Idiotic in my book lol. That is what they get for hiring the guy. A bunch of offence all year, and when it comes to when they really need him to show up.. Kiffin chokes, I love it. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
He was running backwards on his on and crossed the goal line before the whistle. It was a safety.

No he wasn't..... Did you watch the game? Only reason I ask is because it was very obvious that it wasn't even close to being a safety.

Reactions: 1 person
No he wasn't..... Did you watch the game? Only reason I ask is because it was very obvious that it wasn't even close to being a safety.

Yea I watched, it seemed from my view he was being chased and back tracked on his own. I was eating at the time, so maybe I missed something but it looked like it to me, but I've been wrong before.

Yea I watched, it seemed from my view he was being chased and back tracked on his own. I was eating at the time, so maybe I missed something but it looked like it to me, but I've been wrong before.

Yeah, he didn't run back behind the goal line, he was tackled beyond the line.... Like at the 3 or wherever they spotted it and was forced back into the endzone. Bammers have no grounds to cry about that call, because it was correct.

When you put all of those kids that were 4 and 5 stars together, they sometimes have a hard time giving up the star status they enjoyed in high school when they get to college. They did not play as hard or have the energy level thet their opponents did last night. They were fortunate to beat several teams this season and being lackluster finally caught up with them. We saw complacency happen here and it might be easing in there.

GO VOLS!!!

Safety or no safety. Tomato or toma'to makes no difference. Alabama got it handed to them last night. 3rd string QB and the yardage is all you need to know. They were physically beaten and they are lucky it wasn't a two or three TD defeat.

I hate OSU but not as much as Bama but OSU fans have been telling Campfire stories for years and now they are less fantasy than year before. Alabama has been embarrassed their last two bowl games.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back