B1G has exceeded expectations this year in bowl games

landscapingvol

while the SEC has had four teams lay an egg in Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU, and Auburn. I must say that I was a bit surprised at how badly Mississippi looked and the utter inability of the Auburn defense to tackle anyone. Also, Gordon is a legit NFL back. I can't help but get the feeling that Bama is going to be in for a major test tonight if they do not bring their best effort.

Bowl games being used as reasoning for a conference being good or bad is absurd, but I guess this is a pleasant surprise for the B1G.

Bowl games being used as reasoning for a conference being good or bad is absurd, but I guess this is a pleasant surprise for the B1G.

probably right but it is the only measuring stick we have for the most part as many of these teams rarely play

Ohio State is what 1(vacated)-9 in bowl games against the SEC? Let their best program at the moment get a bowl win against an SEC team without an asterisk next to it then they can maybe think about talking.

while the SEC has had four teams lay an egg in Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU, and Auburn. I must say that I was a bit surprised at how badly Mississippi looked and the utter inability of the Auburn defense to tackle anyone. Also, Gordon is a legit NFL back. I can't help but get the feeling that Bama is going to be in for a major test tonight if they do not bring their best effort.

Wisconsin 11-3 beats Auburn 8-5 by a FG in OT is what you call laying an egg?

The poor tackling is one of several reasons Auburn DC Ellis Johnson was fired

It's a matter of who wants to be there. Bowl season is always a crap shoot with ineligible players and desire. Lose the big one that keeps you out of the big games? Why bother showing up?

Playoffs are a different animal though. Noles got punked.

Exactly. It's not like Auburn's defense was stellar at all this seaaon. What likely cost them was the out of bounds hit by Frost, giving them 15 more yards on the tying FG drive. Another common theme from the AU defense this year.

Coming off of a 59-0 beat down with no head coach would have to be considered a poor performance

VN Store

Back