Citrus Bowl Missouri vs Minnesota

Dave1967

Missouri plays Minnesota in the Citrus Bowl. I'm not sold on Missouri and i think Minnesota beats them by 6-7 points.

Hard one to call, but I'd probably take mizz straight up.

Reactions: 1 person
Minnesota.

It's one thing to keep winning when you can't afford to lose a single game. It's another to go out there and win this kind of means nothing game after the type of championship game loss they had.

Plus ESPN keeps previewing this as both teams playing for some degree of respect/recognition of the level of their programs...so it makes too much sense for Missouri to lose.

Reactions: 1 person
I am a big fan of Minnesota's head coach Jerry Kill. Although not as glamorous as Gus, he too rose through the ranks from being a high school coach. He got the Webb City High School program (near Joplin, Mo) rolling in the late 80's/early 90's. They have since won 10 state championships. He did a great job at Emporia St (Div 2), Southern Illinois (FCS), and Northern Illinois. He comes from the traditional D2 powerhouse Pitt State (KS) Gorillas, which has produced some good D1 coaches. If he didn't have the health issues, I think a lot of programs would be knocking on his door.

Reactions: 3 people
I am a big fan of Minnesota's head coach Jerry Kill. Although not as glamorous as Gus, he too rose through the ranks from being a high school coach. He got the Webb City High School program (near Joplin, Mo) rolling in the late 80's/early 90's. They have since won 10 state championships. He did a great job at Emporia St (Div 2), Southern Illinois (FCS), and Northern Illinois. He comes from the traditional D2 powerhouse Pitt State (KS) Gorillas, which has produced some good D1 coaches. If he didn't have the health issues, I think a lot of programs would be knocking on his door.

Oh yeah. Kill's extremely impressive, especially considering he's still managing to coach while dealing with the health issues (seizures, kidney cancer).

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of empty seats at the Citrus Bowl.

Two (relatively) smaller fan bases that have to travel quite a bit to get there.

Plus - possibly with a lot of these games' attendances - New Years being in the middle of the week rather than at the end or on the weekend certainly doesn't help.

Missouri going for a fake punt deep in their own territory their 17 and they get it

VN Store

Back