Nick Chubb

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
Sets UGA bowl game rush record with 269 yds (against the #2 run defense in the nation). Finishes year with 4th most rushing yards in a season at UGA despite only starting what- 7 games? The top 3 rushing yards in a season are all occupied by none other than Herschel Walker. Walker averaged 5.3 ypc at UGA, while Chubb has averaged 7.1 ypc. All as a true freshman. Just wanna give props where props are due. This kid is scary good. Great talent, going to be fun to watch over the next 2 years. :mf_surrender:

He's good, I hope with better oline play we can have that type of runner.

Reactions: 1 person
When Gurley was suspended, I said in another thread that there would be little, if any drop-off from Gurley to Chubb. This kid is phenomenal, and while he does play behind an elite line, he breaks tackles left and right with ease. The same Louisville defense he shredded last night was the #2 rushing defense in the country. Also, Chubb ran for 1500+ yds while only starting 7 games, and managed over 7 ypc while doing it. He rips off 10 & 20 yd runs with regularity, and is also a very good receiver out of the backfield. I personally think he is as good or better than Gurley as a freshmen.

The UGA OL is great. It makes no difference which kid they put back there, their running game is outstanding. We need to hire their OL coach! Chubb goes down about like other backs when the D actually gets to him, but like Gurley he breaks big runs when he gets into the secondary untouched. Its not the RBs at UGA its the OL.

Sets UGA bowl game rush record with 269 yds (against the #2 run defense in the nation). Finishes year with 4th most rushing yards in a season at UGA despite only starting what- 7 games? The top 3 rushing yards in a season are all occupied by none other than Herschel Walker. Walker averaged 5.3 ypc at UGA, while Chubb has averaged 7.1 ypc. All as a true freshman. Just wanna give props where props are due. This kid is scary good. Great talent, going to be fun to watch over the next 2 years. :mf_surrender:

I won't enjoy watching him one bit. Can't he just go pro now and save us all some misery?

Reactions: 1 person
The UGA OL is great. It makes no difference which kid they put back there, their running game is outstanding. We need to hire their OL coach! Chubb goes down about like other backs when the D actually gets to him, but like Gurley he breaks big runs when he gets into the secondary untouched. Its not the RBs at UGA its the OL.

I disagree. Chubb and Gurley are special. Chubb breaks a ton of tackles and rarely goes down at first contact. Both of his TD runs last night featured multiple broken tackles and an ability to glance off of contact.

Pretty much. I watch a lot of college football and enjoy watching it more than any other sport. When an athlete stands out I take notice, it does not matter which team he is on. Just cause they're not on your team doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. There are many players that Vol fans hate that I enjoyed watching over the years. Tim Tebow, Patrick Willis, Darren McFadden, Cam Newton, etc. Elite players like Chubb don't come around very often.

VN Store

Back