Rumor- Richt stepping down

I hope it's true it'll be very good for Tennessee and Georgia Tech. Tennessee could do a mammoth raid on UGA commitments

I hope it's true it'll be very good for Tennessee and Georgia Tech. Tennessee could do a mammoth raid on UGA commitments

Based on?

For all you know, Georgia will go out and pay a coach 6 million dollars to leave their current job. It's not like Georgia is some crummy school and has no shot at hiring legit coach. They're good enough and have the money that they could come out on top with a better coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Based on?

For all you know, Georgia will go out and pay a coach 6 million dollars to leave their current job. It's not like Georgia is some crummy school and has no shot at hiring legit coach. They're good enough and have the money that they could come out on top with a better coach.

They would hire someone like Kirby Smart who will wind up another lousy head coach who was an assistant for Nick Satan.

Reactions: 2 people
I want Richt there forever. With all that Georgia talent there is absolutely no reason they shouldn't be competing for national titles every year.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Richt as a person. Seems to be a good guy. I'll add that he is a savvy businessman too. He's punked several schools to get UGA to ante up more $.

It's a business really, and UGA might could do better with someone else, but what he has done there is pretty dang good. I'd wager he'd have success anywhere he left for, if and when he chooses to. Leaving now does not seem logical for him and doubt this rumor has any legs to it.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like it's removed.

It's still there, but the author is being roundly mocked.

Of course, with credentials like this, how can one doubt?

Freelance Sports Writer || 1010XL Jax Sports Radio || HS Sideline Reporter || Cheese Plate Connoisseur & Air Hockey Lover
Jacksonville, FL

No idea if any of it is true...may all be an epic troll job on Twitter.

If it's true,Kirby Smart will be the next UGA coach. It makes sense because he was an all SEC player at UGA. He will be another Will Muschamp IMO.

It's still there, but the author is being roundly mocked.

Of course, with credentials like this, how can one doubt?

Freelance Sports Writer || 1010XL Jax Sports Radio || HS Sideline Reporter || Cheese Plate Connoisseur & Air Hockey Lover
Jacksonville, FL

Yeah but the cheese plate connoisseur and air hockey lover status more than offsets that IMO

Reactions: 1 person
If there's any truth to the problems at UGA, listed in the other thread, it could have some merit. Don't think it would "break" during a game though.

I like Richt as a person. Seems to be a good guy. I'll add that he is a savvy businessman too. He's punked several schools to get UGA to ante up more $.

It's a business really, and UGA might could do better with someone else, but what he has done there is pretty dang good. I'd wager he'd have success anywhere he left for, if and when he chooses to. Leaving now does not seem logical for him and doubt this rumor has any legs to it.

Congrats on getting Chavis.

VN Store

Back