The Putrid SEC Basketball Thread

McCat

Rent free in your head
Georgia, #25 RPI, is in double-trouble OT against Mercer at home, which has an RPI in the 250s.

Last edited:
I heard them hyping LSU earlier. Are they good this year?

LSU should be better with the recruiting they've done. haven't seen them yet.

LOL...flop by Georgia player- almost as bad as Louisville's Chris Jones.

Dang. I think I may go to the Tennessee/Georgia game. Vols may beat them.

Oddsmakers are now saying that UK at Georgia is Kentucky's greatest chance at a loss between now and the end of the regular season. I didn't see that coming. Would have thought Florida or at Arky.

Oddsmakers are now saying that UK at Georgia is Kentucky's greatest chance at a loss between now and the end of the regular season. I didn't see that coming. Would have thought Florida or at Arky.

I heard a guy today say Florida and LSU.

Mercer ran outta gas in the 3rd OT, but Georgia does not scare me at all. On to the main event.

LSU should be better with the recruiting they've done. haven't seen them yet.

LOL...flop by Georgia player- almost as bad as Louisville's Chris Jones.

UK the best basketball team money can buy.

UK Basketball=Alabama football both buy their players

Reactions: 1 person
True, but they always play us tough, even at home.

See last year: they swept us.

I still don't know how good they are. They've beaten a good Dayton team and average SMU/Iona teams. Other than that everyone they've beaten is awful. Clemson is a terrible loss, Iowa State isn't bad though. But yes, they seem to play us pretty well. We have them at home this year, and I'm thankful.

What's sad is this year's edition is an upgrade over the horrors of 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. At best, though, still the fifth-best conference.

Top ranked defenses will do that.

UL's 1st half defense frustrated me sitting in the recliner. I can only imagine how our guards felt. I love the little things in games like that. For instance how our post defender would slip off his man at the elbow to take away the paint. I wish we could have gotten the ball a little closer to the corners a time or two in the first half just to see how the defenses would have played it. A win is a win and I'll take as many as we can get

Speaking of putrid, how about that UK-UL game. My god they made basketball look ugly.

UT couldn't have put up 20 for the entire game yesterday, against either squad. Those are the two most elite defenses in the country, and one of the most physical games you'll see all season.

Reminded me of one of the old Big Eas slugfests between Uconn/Gtown/Cuse.

VN Store

Back