The Quick Lane Bowl Rutgers vs North Carolina

Dave1967

Rutgers leads North Carolina 7-0 in the 2nd. I hope UNC wins(Gag) because i picked them in the Pickem.

Rutgers 20-0 over North Carolina in the 2nd. The fat lady is warming up her voice and is about to sing.

1. We nearly hired Larry Fedora last time out. Good miss.

2. Why did I put 22 confidence points on a Larry Fedora-coached team? SMH.

1. We nearly hired Larry Fedora last time out. Good miss.

2. Why did I put 22 confidence points on a Larry Fedora-coached team? SMH.

It's too much to expect UNC to stop anyone on defense. Derek Dooley would be proud of the UNC defence. I was stupid for picking UNC.

I want - nay, DEMAND odds on UNC finishing 5-7 next year. Let me scour the mid-major lists to see what underwhelming C-USA coach they'll go for this time.

I want - nay, DEMAND odds on UNC finishing 5-7 next year. Let me scour the mid-major lists to see what underwhelming C-USA coach they'll go for this time.

Hudspeth would be right there for the Tarholes to hire and he would take the job

Hudspeth is okay. Don't think he's a very good in-game coach, underperformed with a potential DD-win team this year. (By that, I meant regular season - went 8-4, took a really bad loss at home to App State by 19. Also lost by 28 at home to Louisiana Tech.)

Some other mediocre coaches UNC will probably try to hire because they're UNC: Matt Campbell, Blake Anderson, Curtis Johnson.

Last edited:
Hudspeth is okay. Don't think he's a very good in-game coach, underperformed with a potential DD-win team this year.

Some other mediocre coaches UNC will probably try to hire because they're UNC: Matt Campbell, Blake Anderson, Curtis Johnson.

East Carolina's Coach is another possibility

Let me rephrase what I initially said: Hudspeth is better than okay, but I don't know how much longer he can keep his current run up and this year's team was a legitimate disappointment. He really needs to leave for a job this offseason if he can.

McNeill would be 57 by the time the hiring season rolled around. I think he'd be one of their best options, but age has to be somewhat of a factor. If they hired Matt Wells I'd be all-in on the UNC bandwagon.

If UNC cares about winning at all and needs to get bang for their buck, here's a list of great-to-acceptable hires, in descending order:

Matt Wells
Bobby Wilder
Ruffin McNeill
Joey Jones
Rod Carey
Dan McCarney
Mark Hudspeth
Scott Satterfield
P.J. Fleck

Last edited:

VN Store

Back