Heart of Dallas Bowl: Illinois vs. Louisiana Tech (ESPN)

govols120

15-0
No one's watching this, no one is there, LA Tech -6 is the easiest cover of bowl season, etc.

Come to watch Louisiana Tech's defense (!), stay to watch Tim Beckman be a complete failure of a coach.

Last edited:
So we now have bowls sponsored by Zaxby's, Popeye's, and Chick-fil-a.

Clearly the big money's in fried chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No one's watching this, no one is there, LA Tech -6 is the easiest cover of bowl season, etc.

Come to watch Louisiana Tech's defense (!), stay to watch Tim Beckman be a complete failure of a coach.

Pretty much sums it up. But it's football so I'm gonna watch it.

I also forgot to mention that Skip Holtz ain't exactly Bear Bryant. This beats the anti-coaching Quick Lane Bowl later today, I guess.

La Tech doing a lot of things poorly minus that pick-six, Illinois taking no advantage of it at all. Essentially, that's what I expected from this game.

Tim Beckman, having watched his kicker miss a 40 yarder and an extra point, sends his kicker out again for a 46 yarder on 4th and 9 down 12...which he misses. #coaching

Historically, they're right at average. The latter Zook years + Beckman have taken them below that considerably. At least Zook had two good recruiting classes.

Looking through their seasons, I'm not fully sure that 6 wins is the regular/average for them.

They seem to more fall in the 2/3-5 win range with an occasional spurt every few/several seasons getting them to a bowl game.

Looking through their seasons, I'm not fully sure that 6 wins is the regular/average for them.

They seem to more fall in the 2/3-5 win range with an occasional spurt every few/several seasons getting them to a bowl game.

Yeah, after thinking about it a bit more, they're probably on the lower half of Power 5 schools historically. I think they're #47 or #48 of 64 major conference schools in win percentage. Still, they're 12-24 in Beckman's three years.

the attendance at some of these bowl games this year has been terrible..surely there will be fewer next year

I'm convinced O'Toole doesn't know how to slide. Like no one ever taught him the concept of it in Little League or anything.

Also, Illinois hasn't had a good/above-average coach since before I was born...that's a really sad thing to think about.

Anyone know of a free internet radio stream of this game? I'm on the road and don't have access to watchESPN

Quick Lane Bowl
Rutgers vs. North Carolina
Detroit Ford Field Dec. 26
4:30 p.m. ESPN

Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl
NC State vs. UCF
St. Petersburg, Fla. Tropicana Field Dec. 26
8 p.m. ESPN

This next bowl is the first I'll be interested to watch..

Duck Commander Independence Bowl
Miami vs. South Carolina
Shreveport, La. Independence Stadium Dec. 27
3:30 p.m. ABC

the attendance at some of these bowl games this year has been terrible..surely there will be fewer next year

Actually I think a new one is already confirmed for next season. The attendance is awful but I read the ratings are decent enough that due to the TV contracts, most if not all still make money.

I'm not sure all of the actual attendance from all the bowls up til this one would fill more than half of Neyland.

VN Store

Back