Georgia issues?

CobbVol

Post I saw on another site related to their situation. Unknown if this is accurate or not ... but it is a good read.

Originally posted by DawgYankee:
I mentioned this in another note, but will try and give some insight regarding some of the issues in BM. While I do not like to drop the "insiders" line, and I have done so very little over the years, with CMB now gone, I am not as hesitant to share. The points below are real and our program is at a turning point, with ADGM really the issue, and has been for a while. I know I have been a lukewarm supporter of the athletic department (I guess more of a Disney regarding the football program) and not quick to lay blame at ADGM's feet, but based on information received today, my opinion is changed and I truly think he is a cancer to our long term success in football.

- ADGM has tried to take all power from the football program away from CMR. Obviously not providing needed resources. ADGM is calling the shots by withholding resources and forcing his will on the entire program.
- He did not allow CMR to counter CMB. Fact: If we had countered with CJP money and a 2 year deal, CMB would not have even interviewed with CSU. No counter was a sign of total disrespect, so he took the opportunity to move forward.
- ADGM has an issue with CMR and is trying to force him to leave so he does not come across as the bad guy. Nothing to do with performance, more about the fact CMR apparently is not quite the a$$ kisser many on the board say he is.
- The situation is so bad. it would not be surprising to see CMR walk away after the bowl if ADGM is to be with UGA long run.
- ADGM seems to want Mullen as his HC and if that doesn't work, he will try and get Kirby should CMR step down. CMB was well aware of this and without the respect noted above, had no reason to wait around for a job ADGM was not gonna let him earn.
- If we let Pruett get on the plane and interview with TA&M, he is as good as gone. We need to lock him down before he goes.
- There are rumblings BMAC is even considering overtures from UF. That happens, our recruiting class is in trouble. But this is how bad it has gotten.
- There is tension among the entire staff as they are all upset with the lack of effort in trying to keep CMB (all with ADGM and not CMR) and feel the lack of support will prevent UGA from taking the steps needed to succeed.
- If ADGM survives, we will see a lot of new faces in BM over the next year, as the current staff will not remain in tact with him in a leadership role. CMR and CJP are aligned with their positions so the talk about an issue between them does not appear to be accurate.

I know some will pass this off as another poster claiming inside information and if so, that is your prerogative. However, I was given this detail by someone about as close to the CMB situation as you can get and felt it was important for the dawg nation to really understand the position ADGM seems to be willing to put the program in to get what he wants. Really sad example of what a leader should be.

Reactions: 3 people
If I'm Michigan, I'd make a run at St. Mark just to see how annoyed he was. He'd right that ship in a hurry.

I ****ing hate acronyms
It reads like a comedy routine.

CMR is Coach Mark Richt
ADGM is AD Greg McGarity
CMB is OC Coach Mike Bobo
CJP is DC Coach Jeremy Pruitt
BM is Butts-Mehre bldg -GA athletic offices
BMAC is RB coach Brian McLendon

Reactions: 2 people
It reads like a comedy routine.

CMR is Coach Mark Richt
ADGM is AD Greg McGarity
CMB is OC Coach Mike Bobo
CJP is DC Coach Jeremy Pruitt
BM is Butts-Mehre bldg -GA athletic offices
BMAC is RB coach Brian McLendon

Pretty sure it's spelled "Buttsmear Building"

Reactions: 4 people
I don't believe this. Richt is the second winningest coach in UGA history. The head brass in Athens know they would suffer much like UT did if they got rid of him. Richt is like a God down there to most of the UGA alums and fans down there.

VN Store

Back