Jamesis Winston Cleared By Student Committee

I'm totally shocked.

/they need to invent a new shade of blue font to accurately complete this post.

It's all good. He'll flame out like JaMarcus Russell did and Jimbo will be begging for Winston to come back when he realizes that life after Winston will be pretty difficult

I'm totally shocked.

/they need to invent a new shade of blue font to accurately complete this post.

499cd9223fc6e1877ce30c41af43370e3c4e39da9cf67a556c324705c048c1d7.jpg

He's got away with everything because he's a football star. How long before his actions cause permanent damage to someone. I'm sure the girl that he "didn't do nothing to", will have issues for life. Who cares as long as he can win right!

Let's put this in perspective. What if he really didn't rape this girl? Keep in mind Marlin Lane was accused of the same thing a few months ago. The possibility of rape just magnifies everything else.

Take away the rape and he stole $20 worth of stuff and told a dirty joke in the cafeteria.

So, if you're Jimbo what do you do? Kick him off the team? If so, for the crab legs or the dirty joke?

I'm not saying he did or did not rape the girl but he was cleared. The decision referenced above was done by a retired Supreme Court justice.

If he got kicked off the team for the crab legs or the joke, I'd be unprecedented.

What would you do? What would Coach Jones do? It's a no win situation for Jimbo.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's put this in perspective. What if he really didn't rape this girl? Keep in mind Marlin Lane was accused of the same thing a few months ago. The possibility of rape just magnifies everything else.

Take away the rape and he stole $20 worth of stuff and told a dirty joke in the cafeteria.

So, if you're Jimbo what do you do? Kick him off the team? If so, for the crab legs or the dirty joke?

I'm not saying he did or did not rape the girl but he was cleared. The decision referenced above was done by a retired Supreme Court justice.

If he got kicked off the team for the crab legs or the joke, I'd be unprecedented.

What would you do? What would Coach Jones do? It's a no win situation for Jimbo.

It's pretty obvious what CBJ would do. If you haven't noticed are without our best defender.

Even if the accuser came out and said she made the whole thing up, a majority of people will still believed he raped her. They wont prosecute him and the student committee has cleared him...........not sure what else people want other than to convict him with or without evidence.

Even if the accuser came out and said she made the whole thing up, a majority of people will still believed he raped her. They wont prosecute him and the student committee has cleared him...........not sure what else people want other than to convict him with or without evidence.

JW may very well be innocent, it's the perceived cover-up and pizz poor handling of the situation by FSU that has fed the public perception.

There are only two people in this world who will ever know for sure whether Winston raped his accuser: Winston and the accuser. One can speculate, but speculation means nothing.

The issue here is how the whole thing was handled by everyone involved. It was painfully obvious that no one at the school, the TPD, or the DA's office wanted to actually investigate the accusation. Maybe Winston never raped the girl, and he ultimately got the justice he was owed. But, it doesn't appear that anyone was really interested in justice so long as a fantastic athlete could still play on Saturdays.

There are only two people in this world who will ever know for sure whether Winston raped his accuser: Winston and the accuser. One can speculate, but speculation means nothing.

The issue here is how the whole thing was handled by everyone involved. It was painfully obvious that no one at the school, the TPD, or the DA's office wanted to actually investigate the accusation. Maybe Winston never raped the girl, and he ultimately got the justice he was owed. But, it doesn't appear that anyone was really interested in justice so long as a fantastic athlete could still play on Saturdays.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but is it possible that the TPD, DA's office, and student committee didnt see anything in the evidence that pointed to a rape occurring?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but is it possible that the TPD, DA's office, and student committee didnt see anything in the evidence that pointed to a rape occurring?

I think it was the fact the police set on it for a year or so without an investigation or turning it over to the DA. You might be right, no rape may have occurred it just looks like a cover-up.

I believe I read somewhere that a video was recorded of the encounter by another teammate in the room with Winston and the accuser.

If the police would have actually investigated this could have been taken care easier.

I'm not really that surprised there was not sufficient evidence.

Kind of hard to see evidence when you make no attempt to speak to the accused or any named witnesses, or collect a sample from the accused to attempt to match the sample taken from the victim, or even let the DA know that you have an open case for almost a year despite the fact that you'd alerted the FSU athletics departnement within hours of finding out that the accused is a football player.

There may not have been any concrete evidence of rape. But the caps wouldn't have known the difference since the made almost no attempt to gather evidence.

Reactions: 3 people
The following sums up the whole sorry affair:

1. Winston is an immature ego maniac.

2. He was not "cleared" of anything. The judge is not saying he did not do it. He is saying its he said, she said, and he cannot resolve that.

3. The reason it is he said, she said, is that Jameis' friends destroyed the video and FSU and TPD slowed things down so much on the front end, that any physical evidence was inconclusive. That is the real story here, because Jameis is absolutely gone the moment the season is over.

There is a pattern at FSU, over many years, of protecting football players from any consequences of their actions. UF's QB got caught driving with no license and some weed in the car. He faces a court date on misdemeanor charges. FSU had two football players crash into another car and total them both at 2 in the morning, then ran, then came back a half hour later (having gotten rid of whatever they had with them at the time) displaying signs of impairment, and they did not get tested for DUI. And they got two traffic tickets.

The corruption at FSU and in Tallahassee runs deep.

Reactions: 2 people
Cleared by student body. Can't be "cleared" in the legal case because the DA said he would not be charged.

Right, the police sat on the investigation, the athletic department knew of the allegations and JW never missed a game due to the allegations.

CBJ suspended two players over allegations. The situations were handled as differently and night and day.

I'm no expert in all the facts, but I do know I saw with my own eyes on the news that the lead detective told the girl, "this is a football town, we'll both be crucified if you press charges". To me, that says a lot.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm no expert in all the facts, but I do know I saw with my own eyes on the news that the lead detective told the girl, "this is a football town, we'll both be crucified if you press charges". To me, that says a lot.

Do you happen to have a link for this? Just curious because I had never seen this before.

Do you happen to have a link for this? Just curious because I had never seen this before.

Don't have a link, but the accuser's attorney made that accusation in an angry letter to the DA and a statement to the media. The claim is that the detective made this statement after she identified the perp in January of 2013.

There is no way this statement can be corroborated, so take it for what it's worth.

Right, the police sat on the investigation, the athletic department knew of the allegations and JW never missed a game due to the allegations.

CBJ suspended two players over allegations. The situations were handled as differently and night and day.

Not sure CBJ would sit a player a whole year if KPD drug their feet that long. Maybe, but it'd be unheard of I think. It's easier to suspend a player a couple weeks in the off season.

Did TPD handle this poorly? Absolutely.

First, let me say I'm a huge women's rights believer. I see them equally, I employ them and, unlike the vast majority of U.S. managers, I pay them the equalivent of their male counter parts.

I firmly believe no means no.

I hate the rape culture in our world. That's one reason I hope that dumbass Lil Jon is never played in Neyland again. He glorifies rape and he could use his ass kicked.

Unfortunately the accuser was at a huge disadvantage from the get go.

First, she left the club with him. This makes cases much more difficult than someone being grabbed and left in an alley. Again, this is not consent, but is makes the case more difficult.

He has two people corroborate his story, she didn't. Could his buddies be lying? Sure. They could also be telling the truth.

She had DNA from another guy on her clothes from a sexual encounter earlier that day. This doesn't make her a whore by any means, but, right or wrong, these things get factored in.

She first identified her attacker a 5" 10" about six inches shorter than Winston. Possibly because she was intoxicated. She said she thought it was Winston about 6 weeks later IIRC.

TPD claims she stopped cooperating in February. Her attorney claims she didn't.

She sent word by her attorney a while back that her silence could be bought for 7 million.

I think the argument could be made that if TPD "sat" on this, it certainly did Winston more harm than good.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back