Harbaugh To Michigan - Updated - It's official (merged)

I think that Harbaugh is a bit odd and wears thin on some people. He's never stayed anywhere for a lengthy amount of time. I also believe the 49ers need to realize how good of a coach they have and it's been a while since they had enjoyed this success (Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary).

That said, he can coach "like heck" and I believe is the best coach in his family, Jack included. If he goes to Michigan, his track record shows, he won't be there for long. Just my opinion.

Would be a big win for Michigan short term. But I think he wouldn't be there for long. He just doesn't seem like the guy who would want to be in the college game long at all. If he leaves, it's because the relationship between him and front office of 49ers is so bad. He's a great coach, but thats say something about the way he comes off on people.

I always doubted he would go to Michigan, but the SF situation makes it a possibility. That and the fact that he can draw up his own contract and make Michigan sign it.

If Mike Smith is canned in Atlanta, I think that Harbaugh and Cowher might be on Arthur Blank's list as possible replacements.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems that they are interpreting the fact that everyone is distancing themselves from the job to mean that Harbaugh has the job? It could just mean that no one of note wants the job. Definitely has the flavor of Gruden-mania.

My question is:

If Harbaugh is/was the guy, why did UM have to hire a search firm so late in the game?

My understanding is that his wife loves it in Cali and won't go north. I'd rather go anywhere than Oakland.

I think that Harbaugh is a bit odd and wears thin on some people. He's never stayed anywhere for a lengthy amount of time. I also believe the 49ers need to realize how good of a coach they have and it's been a while since they had enjoyed this success (Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary).

That said, he can coach "like heck" and I believe is the best coach in his family, Jack included. If he goes to Michigan, his track record shows, he won't be there for long. Just my opinion.

Same could be said about Butch Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed.

All this article says is that some radio host is claiming it to be a done deal. We all know how that normally turns out...

The fact that it sounds almost EXACTLY like the Gruden thing here is why I highly doubt this happens or is even real to begin with.

Lots of smoke tonight that Harbaugh will be the guy
too late to help with recruiting this year? Michigan only has 6 commits and two of those are listed as soft..they also lost former 4 star ILB Michael Fern, who announced that he is transferring to WVU

Jim Harbaugh-to-Michigan Smoke Is Becoming Palpable | The Big Lead

he just saw his brother and pete carroll win the superbowl thats his goal right now and imo he goes to oakland to try and accomplish that

VN Store

Back