Auburn freshman football player shot

Same apartment complex where the 2012 shooting occurred.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/12/14/auburn-redshirt-freshman-jakell-mitchell-shot-and-killed/20392631/

Reactions: 1 person
I'd hope not...school might want to get ahead of this with a four body count.

I would imagine it is. The thug that did the shooting a few years back was just sentenced a few months ago. Maybe this is a retaliation of sorts by some of his cohorts.

Reactions: 1 person
I would imagine it is. The thug that did the shooting a few years back was just sentenced a few months ago. Maybe this is a retaliation of sorts by some of his cohorts.

Not that it matters but I think the article said he was to be sentenced in January.

Not that it matters but I think the article said he was to be sentenced in January.

I read another from a few months ago that said the jury recommended a sentence of life with no possibility of parole. I assumed that he had been sentenced, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's a sad situation, and as someone else suggested, Auburn needs to find a way to get involved here.

I mean save a car jacking, most people don't just randomly get shot to death in their car.

Obviously there isn't much info other than they were arguing in the parking lot. The football player may simply have argued with the wrong person. But, I'm going to guess that the guy that shot him is either a gang member or a drug dealer (or both).

VN Store

Back