no heisman winner talk

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
Where's the love for Marcus Mariota? I for one think he deserved it.

True. I figured there would be some who didn't think so though.

Best man won. I didn't think the margin was as big as it was between the winner and second place.

Reactions: 1 person
A great player won and met all the criteria for the winner including having great class. It was nice to see. With that said, the Heisman is stupid and is way overhyped by ESPN.

Reactions: 2 people
I have never watched the heisman since manning was bypassed for a Db that was not the best Db or special teams player in the country. Then with the history of majors getting the shaft vs Hornung on a losing team with worse numbers, the last straw was snapped.

Reactions: 5 people
if people would acknowledge that Charles Woodson is one of the greatest corners in the history of football, maybe they could stop being so damn butthurt that he edged out Manning

Reactions: 4 people
if people would acknowledge that Charles Woodson is one of the greatest corners in the history of football, maybe they could stop being so damn butthurt that he edged out Manning

and there lies your problem. Its not about being a great player over the course of his career. Its about what he did that one and only year.

Reactions: 2 people
I have never watched the heisman since manning was bypassed for a Db that was not the best Db or special teams player in the country. Then with the history of majors getting the shaft vs Hornung on a losing team with worse numbers, the last straw was snapped.

Majors shouldn't have won it either. Tommy McDonald or Jim Brown should have.

Manning got jobbed. Haven't cared much since then. Just saw the winner this morning on the news. I thought AC would get more votes. All in all, the Heistman is no big deal. Unless you have a player involved from your favorite school. Which we haven't, lately.

Woodson still shouldn't have won the Heisman in 1997 over Manning, but I agree that it wasn't the complete travesty some like to portray it as.

VN Store

Back